• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

3100 workshop truck

phil k

First off, I'm sorry. I know it's a Chevrolet and if it's deemed inappropriate let me know and I'll remove the thread.
Anyway, I bought this a while back from a guy in California and decided it would be great to use it as my parts getter. The body is exactly as it arrived excluding the sign writing, but the interior and running gear have been changed.

I stitched the interior myself and made the cover for the bed (yes that is me on the sewing machine lol) and I rewired the truck to make things nice and safe.

The truck now runs a 350 with F.A.S.T Ezi EFI and the transmission is a 4L60E which is controlled by a handheld computer in the glovebox. It also runs a 12 bolt rear end and disc brakes up front with a 3" dropped beam axle and power steering / tilt column.

The first photograph is when it was in California and is how it arrived with me.

Phil

Phil, great job.
Looks very "classic".
I believe some "nuts" are rolling around when you crack up the radio's volume , isn't it ??:p:p:p
BTW do you ever sleep ??

it would be so much better if you put a Ford engine in it! But yeah it's really cool! (I have an old Chevy pickup too)

Nice looking truck. We are all car guys, so it works!

The car thing is what makes us and the Mustang just makes us family!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Eh..........not bad if you like old chebbie trucks. Here's my 3100 series...

3c73b86db06ef976f97b3ab84fd32669.jpg

8734081b0a18c2fe190fd676fb3b88d7.jpg

Phil, nice truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back