• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

6 blade fans

AzPete

For one of my future needs, are 6 blade fans available for a reverse flow water pump with no clutch? Could not find one anywhere.

To do it right on the serpentine belt setup in my '66, I should use a reverse rotation water pump. This is required to get the A/C setup for the belt routing. I am dealing with an early 80'3 302. Right now, it has the normal flow pump with the wrong pulley but it works.

Pete,

When I needed a mechanical fan for my serp. driven 5.0 (347 now) I expected to find one at my local parts store.... Autozone. Low and behold they did not have any in stock, however I was able to order one through one of their aftermarket catalogs they keep behind the counter. The price was great and AZ picks up the shipping.

Dave

Thanks. I will check them out. Finding knowledge behind the counter is sometimes difficult.

The changes to add A/C to the Coupe make me debate which route to go. It currently has a serpentine driving the alt. and running on the wrong pulley (groove side of belt on smooth pulley) to drive the water pump (normal rotation). To add air correctly, I must reverse the water pump/fan, reroute the belt or switch to a V-belt setup. Not wanting to go with March pulleys either so I have a bit more research. I prefer the serpentine belt so I am looking into that cost.

Back