• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

62 Willys jeep project

Dne'

I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here;) Moderators, you can move it if you wish.
Well my brother had this bright idea several weeks ago that he wanted a jeep, kind of a project as I guess I'm rubbing off on him, not;)
It's a 62 with a lot of work needed, but we're making good progress as there really isn't a whole lot to the jeep.

He initially thought it was just going to need a brake job, but when he brought it to my garage, it launched a restoration. Gary wasn't terribly pleased as he knew I wouldn't say no, but I look at it as a project and I'm not spending any money!

The jeep has offered "therapy" as we just lost mom on August 27, which I posted on my mustang build.

This is Robo, my oldest brother~ he's a hard worker, fun to work with and we get along just fine! I feel for him a bit as he's not used to finding parts then paying for them.

Thinking we might be able to skimp and just get the old Willys going, we rolled it outside and pressure washed it, but the caked on mud would not budge from the frame, engine, trans, etc. ! So off with the tub!

I'll be back, this is different for me. I've always worked alone, but kind of enjoying this;)
dne'

Very cool. I've always been a Jeep guy.

I just picked up an 87 Jeep Cherokee to do a mini resto on.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

We've been fortunate not getting all the heavy rain, Thank Goodness! but darn, we could still use a little more moisture on our dry lawn! There's a bunch of parts on the way, so we can get busy putting frame parts back on(brakes, shocks, new brake lines, etc)

The frame I must admit is kind of a pain to paint, but my brother did well, it was just Rustoleum spray by the infamous purple HF spray gun.

Between wet sandblasting, then dry sandblasting, the frame came out nice.

We've got grandkids this weekend, so time to take a break, then get back to the jeep on Monday;) I'm really enjoying this!
dne'

Back