• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

64 Falcon Project

tarafied1

I went in to the bodyshop where my son is doing his apprenticeship and to check on my car. I spoke with the owner for a while. He wants my son to have a "project" to work on that is his own and he will have to do everything himself on. He also wanted it to be familiar to him but have it's own identity. He thinks this would be a good tool for my son's learning. He said he would would sell him the car, which is fairly solid but missing original engine and trans, and throw in a 1987 HO 5.0 and AOD, for $1500 and that he could work out a payment plan. He also said he would offer all the materials for free but any major parts my son would have to buy. It's mostly there and what is taken off is inside the car. Looks like it needs floors for sure
72-250311142441.jpeg

72-250311142604.jpeg

72-250311142702.jpeg

65 Falcon Project

I would be all over that. What a great offer. No better motivation than learning on your own car.

Re: 65 Falcon Project

I would be all over that deal in a second. As you probably already know, that's about as close to a mustang as you can get so you already know the ins and outs of it. I LOVE the old Falcons.

yeah, I think it's a great deal but it's up to my son. I want it myself! My dad had a 64 Sprint when I was born and I have a few pics of it. I think it would be so sweet!

That is neat! so parts are readily available for Falcons just like the stangs?

I think this is one of those times Dad needs to step in and tell son what he needs to do. Seriously. He's basically giving your kid a great car. Times like this are when if left to make their own decision kids screw it up every time. Reminds me of the day my grandma's older neighbor asked me if I wanted to buy(be given, really) her old car and I thought, " Yeah, just what I want an old lady's car. No thanks". I still wonder to this day what happened to that '55 T-Bird. True Story. Dummy!

65 Falcon Project

You can always buy it for yourself and have him fix it up for you as a thank you for being such a great dad.

Just a thought. LoL

oh trust me I will be influencing him! If I had the extra money I would be all over it! In fact the owner said my son could bring the Drag car in as his project. I thought (briefly) about a swap. An AFX altered wheelbase Falcon would make a really cool drag car!

That looks like a V8 4-speed car, cool stuff. If you do go auto, that 4-speed hump and pedals are worth a good amount. I have a lot of Falcon stuff if you get stuck. $ 1,500 is a great deal for that body.

yeah, I want it myself but too much going on for me to get it. He is not enthusiastic about it. I am hoping I can talk him into it but I don't want to force it. He has to be excited about the project. That 55 T-Bird story is interesting, I will tell him about that!
maybe yawl can help me find cool pics of Falcons I can show him....?
WFC8A.jpg

Have to agree with everyone else..sweet deal! :thu

I was gonna suggest some pics to get the boy motivated, but you already had the idea. Here's a few I found of some pretty bad azz Falcons! They range from the mild to wild...with a nostalgic one thrown in!
1004rc_01_o+1964_ford_falcon+headlights.jpg

2006falconlg.jpg

ccrp_0608_02_z+1964_ford_falcon_futura+rear_view.jpg

64Falcon_B1.JPG

mdmp_1009_15_o+ford_falcon+1964_427_falcon.jpg

Hope this help get him fired up over the potential!

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah John's is cool! I like all those, thanks guys. I kinda like the old skool but I know he is into the Fox Body Stangs. I hope at least one of these will trigger something in him

Back