• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65--66 "Repro inner-outer wheelhouse" assembly

jtfx6552

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the wheelhouses on my 65 fastback. My originals aren't that bad, but I kind of hacked up the inners a little too much getting the trunk floors and rear frame rails fixed. The outers are rusted in the typical places.

I have one late NOS inner, the side that was available for the longest time after the other went obsolete. It doesn't seem like that nice a piece though, the ribs don't go up near as far as the originals do.

Because of the "seam" welds, and the fact that I'm changing the quarters, it seems like the pre assembled inner and outer may be the way to go. I don't want to use them if the fit is poor, or they are significantly different from the originals.

Anyone with experience installing these? Are they all coming from the same place? Is it Dynacorn? How do they fit? What are the differences from the originals?

Here's a link to the one Mustangs Unlimited sells:
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=DA186+01&Category=Body&subCategory=&CatKey=EMUSTANG#

Thoughts appreciated...

We install them all the time, the fit is good. there is only 2 company's making them. I like to test fit the wheelhouse in the qtr and mark it before we weld it in. Rich.

Back