• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Conv Door Glass Alignment - Help needed

I've been struggling with the drivers door glass. It rear raises first then once the rear stop is reached, does the fwd end catch up. Because of this, the door can't be closed unless the door glass is lowered a couple of inches. Looking at the rear run and front run, it appears they are too far apart and that allows the glass to get cocked a bit. It isn't obvious to me how to adjust the glass to align right and fit right. I have The Osborne Body Assembly manual, but the printing is so small. Can anyone point me to clear instructions/tips on how to adjust the rear glass run allow the proper window operation??

I don't know how, but the passengers glass works fine.

My 65 Convertible was 100% stripped and all components restored, so all the initial "setting" of these doors are long gone.

Thanks

I bit the proverbial bullet and took the glass out of the door. I quickly noticed the two screw holes at the rear that connect the stainless trim (top and rear of glass) to the bottom channel were not even close to being able to install the screws. at least 1/3 inch or so. It appears someone in the life of this glass removed it from the frame but did not reinstall all the way.

Out the glass came from the trim and channel...It was a real pain in the arse!

I cleaned everything up, including the glass and the grooves for the glass, and ordered both 1/16" and 5/64" glass bedding tape. The tapes just arrived. Maybe this afternoon I will reinstall the glass and see if this solves my glass alignment problem.

Back