• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 Fastback 2+2 - JD - Mississippi

jdyess755

This is what I bought for my daily driver. After having it set in my garage for a couple of months, took it to a restoration shop to have the cowl replaced. I expected to replace this anyway. When the work began, found out that the "gentleman" that sold the car to me, and I use the term "gentleman" lightly, pulled the proverbial wool over my eyes. The car was more rust than anything else.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 55
Skeleton.jpg Skeleton1.JPG The previous owner has disappeared, of course. I'm left with a complete restoration that I wasn't planning on doing. Basically, everything you see in the picture that isn't Blue, was covered with silicone and body filler then spray painted black to cover it up. When the restoration shop started to disassemble the car we found that even the body panel had been replaced incorrectly. So my wife and I decided to save this pony and restore her. Stripped the car and shipped it to New Hampshire to have all the major metal work done. Here is a picture of what we were left to work with after removing all the damaged metal.

The metal work is being done by Tony Pietrantonio of Muscle Car Metal (Great guy to work with and reasonable prices)
http://www.musclecarmetal.com/home2.asp

HOLY SHART! Sorry you got hosed like that, but good for you that you're bringing it back to life. Hopefully, karma will find this douchebag.

Floor - top.jpg Firewall.jpg Inner fenders.jpg More pictures from Tony. Progress is a beautiful thing!! Floorpan, Firewall and Inner fender aprons fitment.

Looking Good !!! Another member 65-408 had Tony do his as well. He makes it look as easy as assembling snap together models, but we all know how much more work it really is...

Back