• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Front bumper

classicdoug

Does anyone know if any suppliers sell a show quality front bumper for the 65-66? Or at least something better than the cheap Taiwan repro's that most people sell.

Doug

Doug,
If you don't like repro's, I'd highly suggest you get a crusty original and have it rechromed.

I have no idea if he has one, but you might contact David Rudd from BVSB. He might have an original one. :shrug

NPD currently claims to have the best repros available, although I believe they are still Chinese.

Ogden Chrome in SLC sells rechromed originals. They quoted me $240 shipped for a rear bumper.

Thanks Monkeystash. I called Charlie at Ogden Chrome and he is going to rechrome one of his OEM Ford originals that he has and send it to me. He says that it will be the best show chrome I've seen. We will see.

Doug

I got my front bumper from Ogden Chrome today. It cost right at $265 and he provided the Ford original core bumper. The bumper core charge I paid was only $50 so it wasn't worth shipping him one of my originals.

The chrome looks really nice and is definitely a lot nicer than the reproduction bumpers. There are hammer marks on the back so I know it has been straightened but the top side is not wavy at all. The metal worker did a great job straightening. They did a great job buffing the copper and it looks like there is a good amount of nickel so the chrome has a very "deep" look to it.

I will definitely use them again and really can't complain about the price for the quality.

Doug

Does that $265 include shipping? That is a great price and may go that same route with my front 67 bumper.

Currently have a nice 67 NPD bumper, and I don't have a good core for rechroming.

Would you mind posting up some pictures of it when you get a chance? I kept the originals off of my 70 and the repro crap I got has some serious wave action going on.

Back