• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Mustang Passenger seat. Help needed

Yood

Hi All

I just finished puting a new upholtery on the Passenger seat but for the life of me I can't put the top and bottom back together.
Is there a trick to it?
It just can't be that hard.

Seat operated normaly before I replaced the covers.

Please help,

Thanx

Yood. :beat

How did you get them apart? If I remember correctly the upper hinge points have to be "pried outward" to fit over the lower's hinge pins.

I took them apart after removing the botom's old covers. Needed a little bit of prying but now it looks so much further apart.
I realize that I do have to deal with the added '' Thikness'' of the new covers around the hinges but this looks impossible unless I pry the hinge almost half an intch/ (Too much in my opinion)and it wont give.

Yood

If I recall, it was easier to get them on when the seat was in the folded forward position and not the full upright position.

"Fast68back" said:
If I recall, it was easier to get them on when the seat was in the folded forward position and not the full upright position.
This is correct. I had to pry mine out about 3/4 inch to get it to pop onto the hinge. Just be careful that you don't poke a hole in the cover.

Well F@#K !!! :barf

I just had to do it. Went back to my garage and tried to wrestle with it some more and succeeded. Got it on there but sure enough poked an U G L Y hole in the seat cover and worst of all.... In a visible area.

I hate myself!!

Yood.

Lighten up on yourself Yood!

We all :fbomb up from time to time.

Besides, if anyone is going to berate you and smack you when you are down, it will be your new friends here a StangFix :dh

Back