• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 mustang shock tower mod, what do you think??

jgstang

useing the stock suspsension with this mod, well did need the GW upper are to make it happen though!

65shocktowermodprimer12112008.jpg

65shocktowermodprimer12112009.jpg

65shocktowermodprimer12112012.jpg

65shocktowermodprimer12112013.jpg

pretty cool, I wish I would have done something like that on my 67 with the 429! Nice work, thanks for sharing.
What engine are you planning?

thanks....i'm going with a 351W roller cam tri power! i measured and a 390 will even fit, to much motor and too heavy i think but it will go in there!
grease fittings will be 90's.....and theres not really alot of bondo at all, mostly welded,gring and more weld then fill! the arm is just sitting in there but everything was pre-fitted and was good. when i actually cut on the vert i might just trailer the car to the welding shop with everything just tacked in place and have them do it just to make sure the welds are good, and thinking on reverseing the arm bolts and welding them in place for easyer arm ajust! i just wanted to have fun and make sure that my idea was going to work...when its done with the motor in place and nicely painted it should look sweet, i'm really likeing it! and once it is painted it should look nice.

yes I agree it will look great. Maybe you can modify the LCA's so the camber can be adjusted like the 67 and later cars so you don't have to shim the uppers?

Back