• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Pony harness identification

classicdoug

Midlife,

I'm trying to figure out if I have the right harness or not. I'm restoring a 65 Mustang that originally came with pony interior. I bought this thing in pieces so I need to figure out if I have the right underdash harness. Your website says a GT/pony interior harness has the gauge firewall plug with 6 female connectors and one male. I haven't traced the wires yet, but I do have one firewall connector with 6 female and one male. I have another firewall connector with 6 females and two males. I'm assuming this is going to be the headlight harness connector. Am I correct? The wiring diagrams you have on your other site don't specify GT/pony or not. Is the 65 wiring diagram you have on the site good for one with pony interior? If not, can you point me to a correct diagram?

Thanks,
Doug

You have the Pony/5gauge under-dash harness.

The wiring schematics are from Chilton's, and for the most part, are correct only for the Falcon dash version.

The 1966 version is closer to your 65 Pony system, with only the ammeter and the firewall connector being different.

Back