• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

65 Stainless Dashpad Trim

See the post about 3 down titled "More questions from the glass guy" by cmayna. It's the exact same question.

"Tungsten" said:
Hello, Did all 65 mustangs have the Stainless dash pad trim? Does anyone make aftermarket ones?

-Thanks
Jeff

Not sure if the PO did it himself, but the dashpad trim on my 65 are painted the same color as the interior, only the pieces between the glass and the pad, the trim closest to the driver away from the glass are all stainless.

"abrahamfh" said:
Not sure if the PO did it himself, but the dashpad trim on my 65 are painted the same color as the interior, only the pieces between the glass and the pad, the trim closest to the driver away from the glass are all stainless.

That's correct--the 2 pieces at the bottom of the windshield are interior color and the ones above the glove box and instrument cluster are stainless.

Frank

Did all 65 mustangs have the Stainless dash pad trim?

I could be wrong.... and I'm sure that if I am someone will correct me (lol)..... but the answer is no. '65 GT's that used the factory 5 gauge instrument cluster would not require/use the trim you're referring to. Only '65 non-GT cars.

Someone please back me up on this as my memory ain't what it should be....

"daveSanborn" said:
Someone please back me up on this as my memory ain't what it should be....

Consider yourself backed up. The trim wouldn't fit with the round speedometer. It was only on the cars with the long sweeping speedometer, which is all non-GT cars.

"abrahamfh" said:

The PO of my car chrome plated the trim that goes between the windshield and the dash pad. It was a long time ago, and they're about ready to get redone.

Back