• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'66 upgraded to six gauge cluster

"daveSanborn" said:
I wish I'd have done one thing differently..... sprang for the electric speedo instead of the mechanical one. I already had the cable there for the mech. speedo and figured it would be the easiest to install... and it was, but the needle bounces (just a little bit). I suppose I can pull the cluster back out and try some lube on the cable end....

Not to dig up an old thread, but I was doing some research on the same issue, and found this thread! Did lubing up the end do anything to solve this problem? Is there another fix? Mine has about a 1/4" wiggle in each direction so i would like to find a solution if at all possible. Im also using the phantom speedo.

That wiggle is normally indicative of a tight bend in the housing, or maybe even a kink. It could also be a kink in the inner cable itself. If there is nothing like that, the try some dry lube. Remove the cable, apply lube, install in housing. Be sure the ends install proper.

Back