• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WANTED 67/68 Original AC Drier**Update found correct fit repo**

1965GTFB

Need original AC drier for 67/68 Mustang. OK if it needs to be rebuilt. Would like price to reflect the fact that it needs a rebuild which will cost me over $100 from CAA. Top fitting needs to be in the right location pointing the right direction. No one seems to make a repo with the top fitting in the correct location so the 90 degree elbow will not fit right and the can is too short so the 90 is too low to line up with the hole in the rad support.
See pics of driers.
Correct fitting location 1st pic.
Incorrect fitting 2nd pic.

correct drier.jpgcorrect drier.jpg incorrect drier.jpg

Does this one look right
View attachment 25910
View attachment 25911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I actually found a source for one with the correct fitting. After letting Classic Auto Air know that the one I got that came from them didn't fit due to the fitting being located wrong they checked it out. Turns out their manufacturer changed the location on them and they now have a whole batch that are incorrect. They found another brand that is correct and took the time to call and let me know, and even that Auto Zone carried them. Turns out it is available through other regular parts stores too. Evercore 4 seasons drier part #33274, around $30 even with the high tax here in Cali.

Back