• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SOLD 67-73 Boss 302 Style Lower Engine Crossmember on sale

blackford

New 67-73 Boss 302 Style Lower Engine Cross member with Jack Pad and Eccentric Eliminator plates included.

Taking pre-orders at this time (please PM me). Lead time will be approximately 2 weeks depending on demand.

The features include:

Maximizes clearance while minimizing drop. This crossmember has an inch or more clearance than the stock cross member for the most demanding oil pan clearance applications. Drop is 5/8" more than stock which puts the jack pad about 1/4" lower than a stock pan and about even with an 8" deep aftermarket oil pan for easy jack pad access and plenty of oil pan clearance.

Made of 1.25" diameter .120 wall DOM (34,000 lbs tensile strength), 1.50" .120" wall square structural tube, 3/16" structural steel angle and 1/4" structural steel tube end plates. This crossmember is easily twice as strong as the original.

Jack pad measures 3.75" x 1.50"

Includes 1/4" thick eccentric eliminator plates with 11 different setting positions.

Includes all grade 8 hardware and spacers as shown.

Coated with tough gloss black industrial epoxy. Powder coating available for additional charge.

Comes complete with detailed instructions

$149 plus shipping ($134 plus shipping if you don't need the eccentric eliminator plates).

Thanks
Tracy Blackford
Pacific Thunder Performance Engineering, Inc

IMG_1602.JPG IMG_1604.JPG IMG_1601.JPG

Last edited:
Have you test fit this on a 67 390 car?
The original crossmember for a 390 vs a 302 or other in a 67 through 73 is the same part. This part will fit your '67 390. The only fitment issues I have encountered with this or the 65/66 cross member is right where the tube ends meet the end plates on both sides. The protruding corner of the end plate that you can see especially in the 3rd attached pic came close to the zerk fitting on the steering linkage. I now notch the corner of each of the end plates to increase clearance. The cross member in the pic was not notched until after the picture was taken.

I have two of these left. I have a new design that uses a single piece of tube with double bends similar to the original cross members, and I am looking to price these to clear my inventory of these Gen 2 cross members. They are very well made units and very strong. I will let them go for $119 plus shipping. PM me if your interested or have questions.

Tracy Blackford
PTP Engineering Inc

Last edited:
I purchaced one of these cross members, and have to say it fit perfectly (i have a deep sump oil pan and the stock one rubbed) and a very well made piece.
I highly recommend it. two thumbs up.
Thanks Again.

Pleased that it worked out well for you.

I have some 65/66 units and 67-70 units coming up ready for sale this weekend.

New design uses one piece tube with dual bends as seen in the attached pic. Provides great clearance for aftermarket pans just like the prior design.

3rd gen crossmember 67_68b.jpg

I too have the last gen design. Haven't installed but this is a beefy well made piece I look forward to installing it.

New design same price as first post?

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

New design same price as first post?

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Yes, price has not changed...still $149. The '65/'66 version (which does not come with the eccentric eliminator plates) is going to be offered at $129 (was $119).

Back