• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 fastback in movie.

That's one I haven't seen in ages. Have to see if it is available on DVD somewhere.

That's one I haven't seen in ages. Have to see if it is available on DVD somewhere.

DVD? Really, now you are are aging yourself Terry. Try this thing called streaming, almost everything ever filmed is available somewhere online.

I like to possess things. Like hard copies in hand kinda thing. Especially something like a movie I might watch again. I thought about building my library digitally on some massive hard drive but that would lack the visual satisfaction of a wall of colorful cases. Years ago you might remember when I finished my basement I included a "video closet" to house my then collection of movies and equipment. That collection has long outgrown that space but it's still cool. To me anyway.

I worked in the video duplication industry out of high school making video tapes and yes, Beta was still a format then. Technically, it was far better than VHS but lost out in the public marketing battle and met its demise.

as we continue down this rabbit hole....a good friend still has two working Beta players, never converted to VHS. This also can be seen in the Blu-ray vs HD DVD days. Let us stop here before we really show our age!

Correction . VCC or Video2000 was the beter format but due the lack of available movies it had no future and died quickly.
Thats what I am told many many many many years ago.:confused:

Bruno, I was IN THIS INDUSTRY and never even heard of those units. Turns out they were only put out in limited markets in Europe and Australia. This Wiki link is a good read.

Tells a lot about the technical features and how they all compared. At one point it claims the VCC might have been superior in ways but goes on to disprove the claim! It didn't even have stereo audio until the very end. Most of what the writer claims were better designs seem more like what led to its failure. Far more complex and with too many motors (one for each reel?!) which caused issues with function and cost. Seems the right tech overall (VHS) won out in the end. Lower cost to produce and more reliable both of which were needed to get it into our homes and develop a new technology/market.

Terry
""Thats what I am told many many many many years ago" by people of PHILIPS NV when i worked their.
Maybe it was the best system compatible with our TV specs which had something like 625 lines / 25 frames per second.
I believe in America they had 518 or something lines with the 60 Hertz.
But hee , I believe you Terry that this system didn't make it due to costs.

And the fact that in video rental stores people had more choices of movies available on VHS rather then on VCC.
In europe at least.

I remember video discs. They were the size of a vinyl album and we're pretty awesome quality.

Wow I'm old!

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Somewhere around 84 I worked at Philips NV being involved in the VLP830 production.
We had a special fabrication unit who built units specially for ATARI.
Yes , we are old from the outside but my mind is still young.
The older I get , the more young girls i see !!:p:p

Back