• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'67 Seatbelt warning relay help

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Or rather what I DIDN’T get done on the Mustang
I have the seatbelt warning light that’s attached under the panel by the ignition switch. Of course it never worked….well it sort of does. Put a bulb in it and it lights up but never turns off. All these years I have just had the bulb removed so I thought I’d buy a new relay and switch it out.
Contacted Midlife and bought a relay for the seat belt light for a ’67. This weekend I removed the steering wheel and the instrument cluster. Now to find the relay. Damn if the thing isn’t as far away and difficult to get to as possible. Its up behind the wiper motor at the top of the firewall. And to make matters worse it isn’t the relay that Mid sent. It seems it must have been replaced before and it is the round style that seems to be hard wired (3 wires) versus the correct version (small rectangular metal box C7AB-10B924-BI ) which has connector 2 tabs (1 for power from ignition and 1 for two wires from light socket).
Of course the aftermarket just doesn’t sell the relay. One must purchase the replacement with the seatbelt light for $60 (ScottDrake)…and it’s the rectangle style but now in cheap plastic.
I’m now looking into more modern digital timers at
www.curioustech.net and
www.rccinnovations.com.
I e-mailed and called the guy at RCC Innovations asking about how to hook up his relay and why he has two versions. No response.
I’m leaning towards the Curioustech timers since they are solid state and cheaper….
BUT….
How do I connect their timer? I’m have no idea which wire would go where. It looks like their timers only have 2 wires. How would I connect my three wires to it?
Any help would be appreciated.

If you want the accompanying relay and seat belt light, socket, and bezel, I have those in stock. The chrome on the bezel is not perfect, but hey...you gets whats yous pays fors.

No thanks Randy I do have that. I just thought...why not go the digital route and not worry about the mechanical switch.

Back