• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 Turn signal switch wiring ?

67GTRag

I am in the process of installing an aftermarket wiring system. I am using a re-pop TS switch. It, like the original, has 10 wires. I believe I have the majority of the wire identified but I would like to run it past y'all.

White/blue stripe = rt front turn
Orange/blue stripe = rt rear turn
Green/orange stripe = left rear turn
Green/white stripe = left front turn
Green = brake switch input
Blue/yellow stripe = horn switch
Blue = turn flasher input
White/red stripe = 4 way flasher input
Yellow = ????????
Red = ????????

Can someone clue me in on the yellow and red.

Thanks a ton!!
Jeff

I'll check tonight. IIRC there is an unused lead for cruise control (unless you have it). I can't recall the colors but I have a wiring diagram somewhere...

Yellow is horn input; blue/yellow is horn output. No idea what the red wire is for. In 1967, there were only 9 lines to the turn signal switch.

After checking into this a bit further I think the car has already had at least one replacement TS switch. The re pop switch definitely has 10 wires but as you said Midlife the 67 only has 9 used. I was able to confirm by looking at the female connector on my old harness and it has an empty space opposite the red.
Also, its easy to see the yellow goes to one of the horn contacts. I should have noticed that before. The instructions for my wiring kit tell me to ground that yellow wire. Does that make sense?
Thanks for the help.
Jeff

Some non-Ford products use a ground wire with the power lead to create a relay to feed the output signal to the horn. That's probably the reason for the red wire.

I dug out my original 67 TS switch and it has 10 wires including the red wire. The red wire is crimped to the solid blue wire (44) at the hazard button. The blue wire goes to the hazard flasher. I don't know what is was for either but its there.

BTW , I forgot to ask. Do you possibly know what size the screws are that hold the TS switch to the column. Mine are MIA and I can't find a listing for them anywhere.
Thanks
Jeff

Back