• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 won't turn over with key

Mkflow

Been working on this car for a year and half or so, thought I had everything buttoned up, put the fluids in it, hooked up battery, all exterior lights and horn works, no dash lights and no power from key to starter or solenoid. With key in start position brakes light in cluster lights up and right half of cluster lights up. I really suck at electrical so any help would be appreciated. It's a 67 coupe formally i6 3 speed, now a 68 289 c4. I did put a new ignition switch in last year, maybe something wrong there? I dont know where to start.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

With the C4, I'll bet your neutral safety switch on the tranny is not aligned correctly which is why the car won't crank. Try jiggling the shifter with the key in CRANK. You do have a NSS/backup light harness attached to the 4 pin square plug coming out of the firewall grommet nearer the center of the firewall?

With the C4, I'll bet your neutral safety switch on the tranny is not aligned correctly which is why the car won't crank. Try jiggling the shifter with the key in CRANK. You do have a NSS/backup light harness attached to the 4 pin square plug coming out of the firewall grommet nearer the center of the firewall?
Yep, that's what it was. Now I have no instrument lights, pulled cluster last night, checked bulbs, cleaned everything up, no lights. Anyway, gonna go get some gas and see if she'll fire up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Could be a bad headlight switch, bad fuse, or a broken wire somewhere. Also, dash lamps won't work until you pull the headlight switch out and you need to rotate the knob for brighter illumination (more voltage to bulbs).

Back