• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 hidden coupe

Drumr90

My story starts of with growing up with an all ford family. My uncle always had mustangs. His last one was a 1990 gt. That car got me into mustang. Well when i was 17 or 18 yrs old i was up in our pole barn looking for stuff. I found what i thought was a tire and wheel. When i pulled the tire didnt move. Stuff slid off of what was a car. I ran into the house and asked my grandfathure who had to idea what i was talking about. He then came outside and helped me clear off the car. He looked and goes that's ur uncles 68 mustang. He then looked at me and said " i thought he sold that yrs ago". We called my uncle and he said ye i forgot about that car. My uncle then went to sell car as a parts car to a friend cause it had little front sub frame rust and needed paint job. I heard his friend say ye ill buy it for iterior then ill just scrap it. Me being into mustangs flipped out. My uncle looked at me and said ok u can have it if u graduate highschool. The car is a 1968 289 coupe with an auto. Its a factory a/c car with all number mutching drivetrain. First pics are from when we uncover it to a week after we had painted our selves.
e3upuqa8.jpg
yby3umy3.jpg
e8y9y3aj.jpg
9e8y2e5a.jpg
e2y2upu8.jpg
qavane5e.jpg
epygypab.jpg

1968 mustang coupe with 289 and auto trans. Northampton,pa is where i turn my wrench's at.

Heres the interior and all i did was wipe it down.
nava8y8u.jpg

upypyta8.jpg

adamazy4.jpg

1968 mustang coupe with 289 and auto trans. Northampton,pa is where i turn my wrench's at.

Thanks for coment people.

"Mach1Mark" said:
LOVE that color !!
Thanks i like color too since you dont see many in this color.

1968 mustang coupe with 289 and auto trans. Northampton,pa is where i turn wrench's at.

that's an awesome story! Great find and it's been in the family. I see it has a bench seat. very cool. And I take it you graduated HS, so congratulations on that too. :thum
So, what are your plans with it?

Original plans were to do all original restoration. Now i plan to do period corect looks but modern suspension/ breaks. Also gunna switch to eletronic ignition for better daily driveability. I plan to drive car everyday of yr till snow starts falling.

1968 mustang coupe with 289 and auto trans. Northampton,pa is where i turn wrench's at.

Back