• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 fastback door glass installation

GT350

can anyone guide me through 69 fastback door glass installation never done one car came with no pass side glass any help much appreciated

The 69 door glass is a bit of a PITA in that it permanently glues into two large alum brackets that ride on the regualtor assy and the glue broke down with time, allowing the glass to separate from the brackets. Is your door a bare shell or it is just missing the glass? Do you have the glass with the brackets attached, I hope? If the glass has separated from the brackets like my pass side did, I had to mock it in place, mark the back + forth placement of the glass inside the brackets then remove both and glue them back into place. What is the status of your assembly?

managed to get it done it was quite easy once i had the correct measurements for gluing the glass to channels

"GT350" said:
managed to get it done it was quite easy once i had the correct measurements for gluing the glass to channels

Old JohnPro trick... cut some old heater hose and secure it around the bottom of the vertical window guides with zip ties or whatever, tall enough so the window glass doesn't bottom out on the stop in the bottom/middle of the door and work that glue loose over time.

Back