• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 Glue-in Windows

69Ravenconv

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I'm about to tackle the job myself so I want to ask if anyone knows about any resources out there for repairing 1969 glue-in windows. How-to articles, websites, or maybe first hand knowledge. I already have all the hardware, good adhesive, and even a full set of 1970 bolt-in glass to use as a template (or a backup plan if I mess it all up). But I'm curious about the procedure, the shimming and other details that make it all work. Thanks!

Thanks, Dave, I had run across your thread in my googling. Did you shim your glass like the Mustang Monthly article recommends? If so, the inboard or outboard side, or both?

I make sure the channel is clean, then put it in the vise to close up the gap rather than shim it. I then coat the channel with pinchweld primer and use essex u418 urethane . Rich.

I make sure the channel is clean, then put it in the vise to close up the gap

Interesting, I would of never thought of that. It sounds like you've done more than one, and it works ok? Any issues with getting the glass at the proper angle or whatnot?

In case you guys don't know i also own Action Glass & mirror. I have been doing those cars when they were new. I was glad when they changed that bad design in 1970. I always convert 69 style to the 70 style since you can buy all the parts new. Rich

Back