• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 Parking Brake Warning Light

69Ravenconv

My 69 vert has the visibility group option, which includes the parking brake warning light down by the ign switch. The light has 2 wires, one goes to the parking brake, the other a bullet connector. I can't for the life of me find the mate for the bullet. I feel like an idiot because the harness is original and has never been out of the car. The light worked ok, so I know the answer is there somewhere. If anybody has this option, please tell me where the bullet connector goes. I assume switched 12V is needed, but the thought of hacking a harness that already has the correct solution somewhere is just wrong.

I should probably add that I have the shop manual, assembly manual, and colorized wiring diagram CD and none of them show this option!

My documentation for the Cougar shows a bullet connector coming from the light to the yellow three-prong female connector (ACC power). I believe that is also correct for the Mustang. The other wire from the light goes to the parking brake switch itself.

Plugs into a yellow 3 pin connector right above bracket that column bolts to. I got some pics but they suck. I'll try to get one with phone.

Sent from android powered phone using tapatalk.

62c4ec49-5f34-6550.jpg

Sent from android powered phone using tapatalk.

Thanks guys, I know exactly which connector you're talking about! Another reason to document everything before you take it apart.

Back