• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'69 R code Mach 1

Dave R.

2.jpg 3.jpg I live near Cincinnati and found the car in Jacksonville, FL. That is a long story in itself. Car started and ran but was in the middle of a restoration when the PO ran out of interest. I bought it in the fall of 2001. It sat in my garage, collecting dust, for 11 years. The tires rotted off it while I waited for the right time/finances to work out. Without talent or tools I found a professional body man to restore the car. I bought parts and delivered them and he did the work. The job is mostly done now almost 3 years later. Just a few squeaks, rattles and such to deal with. Worth every penny and a blast to drive. A toploader with a 3.50 open rear end with PS and PB(front discs) are factory per the Marti report. Here is a couple of before and after pics. Feels good to save one of these cars from the shredder. Thanks for looking. Dave R.

Attachments

• 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • 49.JPG
    49.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Thank you 1497. I am quite pleased with the outcome. If I do another one it will be a
'vert. Love 'em. Dave R.

Last edited:
Red mach 1 with red interior !! Very nice !! Never seen that combination.

Thanks for saving it . $$$$$$

Thanks B67FSTB. Most red Mach's seem to have black interiors but this one was built in Dearborn with red comfortweave. A little different but I like it that way. Dave R.

Back