• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

75 Torino long roof

tarafied1

My son bought this thing a while ago. It’s been at my house since he got it. He is married now and built a house and has been moved out since last August and it’s still here! Anyway the gas tank is rusted out. I cut it open and started cleaning it out. It needs lots of patches. Can’t find a repop. Might be able to fix it, don't know. The engine is a 351M. When he got it, they had an upside down adapter to put a Motorcraft 4V (quadrajet looking thing) on the 2V intake. Long story short it had a major vacuum leak and wouldn’t run. We found an aluminum 4V intake at a swap meet and put it on with a Holley i had. Then it sat for a year or tow. The other day I tried to start it. I didn’t have any spark so I deduced the coil pickup was bad. Put on a new one, ran a hose into a gas can and I got it running and was able to move it around for the first time in years! So my son came over tonight and I showed him what I had done. I think he is gonna take to home now!
49ffa54b58f21744b9b10efb8d30c27f.jpg

b4ddd85b9bd2d6a0284d7a0eafb498c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me Likes.

I like it too. I just got tired of it sitting here in a non running condition. It was so close. Just needed a few things. Hopefully I can patch up this gas tank so he can actually drive it around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a lot of work. Did you check to see availability of a new tank? I'd rather drop a couple hundred bucks and go the easy route!

Back