• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

7AMP or 10AMP

abrahamfh

Good afternoon everyone, I just picked up a 7 amp 4.5" Dewalt grinder during lunch and now im having second thoughts in regards to power.

Should I just front the money for the 10 amp? Its 30 dollars more, so I am in need of some suggestions from you all that have way more experience in this than I.

I have the 10 amp and i like it a lot. Ive used it for cut off wheels, wire brushes, grinding wheel, sanding flap disk, and even a diamond blade to cut concrete/ Brick work. The thing works great, and even at 10 amps the blade can still bind every now and then, but it has plenty of power to do whatever you want. FYI, a diamond blade cuts plastic real nice. Just my .02

7A is about the smallest one I would want. I had a 7A unit for a long time and finally managed to kill it, so I went out and got a $25 4A special from Tractor Supply because I was in a hurry. I don't think I've ever been so glad to watch a brand new thing die before. That POS was dead within 2 hours and I had a nice new 7amp unit the next day. :rofl

Try to pick one with an easy to use trigger. I hate the slide switches and the side-mount switches. Mine has a squeeze trigger, so I've got nice 2 handed control all the time.

Thanks guys, I did kind of rushed myself to make the purchase with no reason to rush. I might go back to the store and look around a little more and keep all your suggestions in mind. Its nice to have some idea of what to look for so thank you all for your insight.

So far I am really enjoying the trigger, personally I find it a bit easier to use than the trigger that was on the 7 amp.

Back