• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

85 302 roller long block

"fordrule" said:
sweetness man...I might also end up getting that carb from you also. that you dont use. did it have a valve cover leak? is that a older style WP....for the rad lines and rad to buy. I am assuming you were running stock ignition with vacum and a mechanical fuel pump also.

do you have a paypal? we just got to figure out how I am going to get this thing from you.
valve cover leak? - yes

older style WP - yes

running stock ignition with vacuum and a mechanical fuel pump - yes

do you have a paypal? - yes again - when it is time, we can PM the information

yes Mark I really do appreciate what Mr. Anschutz is doing for me. .. now I am on the task of locating the rest of the parts to finish off the engine and rest of the swap...

What parts do you know you need so we can look around and see what we can dig up? Better yet, maybe tell us what you have.....

We know you have a long block on the way.......

Pulley's?
Motor mounts?
Carb?
Intake?
Trans?
Drive Shaft?
Rearend?
Front Spindles?
Front discs/drums?
Fuel line?
Fuel pump?
front sump pan and oil pump?
V8 emblems.....

"Fast68back" said:
What parts do you know you need so we can look around and see what we can dig up? Better yet, maybe tell us what you have.....

We know you have a long block on the way.......

Pulley's?
Motor mounts?
Carb?
Intake?
Trans?
Drive Shaft?
Rearend?
Front Spindles?
Front discs/drums?
Fuel line?
Fuel pump?
front sump pan and oil pump?
V8 emblems.....

I am also supplying

Intake
front oil pump and pan
water pump and pulley
coil and mount
valve covers (need more bolts to hold them on)
Alternator and brackets
spark plugs (used)

I also have a radiator but I do not know if it will fit a 65-66 since it came out of my 68.

Things I now it needs
exhaust manifolds
distributor
crank pulley
carburetor
plug wires (I have an old set with a distributor cap, but they are just my emergency wires)
motor mounts (I have a passenger side he can have)

john you are helping me out dramatically.

all the things you have giving me will be all that I have for now.

as of now all i have is my car complete as it sits in my garage. I knew a junkyard that had a granada but not sure if its still there to grab what I needed.

Updated the pictures of the engine to show what is on it.

Needs correct bolt and spaced for alternator, bolts for valve covers and to mount dipstick tube. Need Return heater hose elbow for intake.
Eng3.jpg

Need crank pulley, fuel pump, temp ending unit, carb, Radiator hoses, fan and space. Have water pump pulley to put on.
Eng4.jpg

You need valve cover gaskets and I would also replace the front seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you know what fuel pump you were using with the motor? dizzy? also what carb?

happen to know what cam is in it. I am assuming that it was a stock 85 gt long block ..was it a HO?

if its a stock long block, i had excellent results with a holley 750 vacuum secondary carb on both my 85's. it was the one with a metering block & jets in the rear instead of a plate. those motors were so fuel starved from the factory that it wasn't funny.i'll see if i still have the carb no. floating around here.

It has a stock 65-66 timing cover and used a stock fuel pump. I had a stock 68 dizzy wit a Pertronix at the time. I ran a 1400 edelbrock carb.

I am curious if you have pulled the engine out of the 68 already? also do you have any pics of the stamped PNs on the block and heads. the block area under the starter is where the casting number is at on the block. the ones for the heads are on the bottom of the head so I am sure you are not opening up the block just yet. I was trying to search on if it was a HO motor or a non. i did some searching and there was different pistons and heads deppending on the 2 engines. thanks john

Not pulled yet, I will not pull it until Rick is ready to pick it up. I do not have the extra room for it.

so who has the engine...I know its somewhere in Oklahoma city. It's not that I dont trust any of you but I am curious and I have a crappy memory. And I was also wondering if there is any pictures?

it's my understanding that Jason has it at his shop, when I bring the drag car to him I was going to haul it all back with me.

Back