• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'93 Vert...worth looking at?

Not really, its an automatic.............. Looks pretty nice. I'd ask why the module was replaced. Which two tires were replaced (front end issues or worn out)?

Its a body kit, see the hood pins and the front air dam has extra scoops in it as well. The front end sits up there like Jake owned it. Its looks like its missing the fog lights.

I like the 'vert better, but your two boys might be all you can fit back there, those seats are small.....

Just looking around for a weekend cruiser / fun car.

Boys would probably be all that I ever want to fit in the back.

Actually, it's likely that whatever I buy will end up being one or both of the boys first car in about five years. I want them to share a car and they each want their own....we'll see.

Kind of dragging my feet and just looking to get ideas right now unless I see a deal that I can't pass on. Still adding the extra room on the house....it's almost done but making sure they won't need to put furniture in one side of the garage, etc before I buy something...unless of course I find something that I just can't pass on. If that were the case, I have some local buddies that would baby sit either the Trans Am or a Mustang for me.

"Fast68back" said:
Its a body kit, see the hood pins and the front air dam has extra scoops in it as well. The front end sits up there like Jake owned it. Its looks like its missing the fog lights.

I like the 'vert better, but your two boys might be all you can fit back there, those seats are small.....
I think the air dam is factory, the 93 Cobra didn't have the extra scoops but the GT's did.
J.%20Haymore%20LF.jpg

mustang_gt_002.jpg

The hood is aftermarket, like 71-73 Mach 1 style (I like it).
1973_mach1_mustang_nasa_hood_stencil.jpg

I do like the vert, they are pretty "flexible" though. I have had both a Fox Body GT and now a 93 Vert and I can't get over how much more the vert feels like it's twisting and bending, and mine is only a four banger!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3144391840.html

This one is pretty good price wise.

Miles are a little high though and I really don't like the front seats.

One thing is certain...I have to keep the Explorer around. There are days when I need the room to haul the boys, one or more of their friends plus baseball gear around. Also handy for folding down the backseat and hauling larger items like furniture.

However, wife is working at home now and doesn't drive very much at all....she used to commute 30+ miles each way to work and didn't want to drive the Explorer that far on the freeway daily.

Now there are weeks where her car doesn't leave the garage so thinking about maybe selling off the Cruiser and getting a Fox body to use as a daily driver minus days when I have a reason for taking the Explorer. If she's just taking short trips locally she doesn't mind driving the Explorer.

The only down side to the plan is if she needed to drive the Mustang. I really don't want an automatic and she can't drive a standard.

"Fast68back" said:
Steering column is in two pieces, wonder why

my 93 would work itself loose every once in a while. Always pissed me off, no matter what i would try to hold it together.

Back