• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

94 GT Seats. Install with headrests or not?

65coupei6

My buddy gave me some 94 GT seats for free, that I am going to recover and put in the 65.
My question is. Keep the headrests or delete them? My wife says it looks cleaner without them. But, it is safer with them.
Any opinions? This is what they would basically look like.

"65coupei6" said:
My buddy gave me some 94 GT seats for free, that I am going to recover and put in the 65.
My question is. Keep the headrests or delete them? My wife says it looks cleaner without them. But, it is safer with them.
Any opinions? This is what they would basically look like.

Go with the clean look.
Safer with? These cars aren't safe anyway. Go for style and comfort.

I like the headrest myself.....go for what you like.....or keep the wife happy....maybe one of each......headsets are removable, have a plug made for the exposed holes.....options......why you asking us anyway.....we don't know.....

Same here I went with the foxbody seats to get the headrest was one of the reasons. There are at least 2 maybe 3 different shape headrests if you don't like the overall shape of yours and they interchange.
Jon

It seems, it is a Yes for headrests. :) I will install one first and see how it looks. Thanks for all the feedback!

Re: 94 GT Seats. Updated

Well I got them upholstered. Had the rears redone to match the fronts. The guy did a fantastic job. He had no pattern to use since I gave him new 94 TMI buns. He also rebuilt the rear foam and replaced the burlap @ no charge!

2098cdf5-e3ae-5982.jpg

2098cdf5-e3c4-067d.jpg

2098cdf5-e3da-79c1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow those do look professionally done, nice and tight. Was he reasonable compared to the cost of the covers from TMI?
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
Wow those do look professionally done, nice and tight. Was he reasonable compared to the cost of the covers from TMI?
Jon

The price was about the same as the TMI covers. I was going to do the TMI covers myself but wanted a little custom job.

Back