• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A/C

Stokes66

This may be the wrong place to post but

We tried to charge my a/c and we guessed the expansion value was blocked, because it wouldn't take. So I pulled the face off my unit, under the dash, to see if I could get to it and the plastic on the side falls a part, were the screws hold it on. Then the fan speed switch fall apart. So we stopped while the car was still drivable.

Now I guess I've got to find a new unit for under my dash to have something to screw the face on.
By face I mean the front were the 2 knobs and vents are, not sure of the proper name.

Other than cjponyparts where could I look for parts? Or scrap it and go a different route?

Sent via paper airplane.

Not a big deal, save the pieces and epoxy them back together with maybe some cardboard backing and buy a new switch from auto classic air in tampa florida for about 45.00. wes

"mustang656man" said:
Not a big deal, save the pieces and epoxy them back together with maybe some cardboard backing and buy a new switch from auto classic air in tampa florida for about 45.00. wes

Forget ordering a switch I'm gonna see if I can send the whole thing to them. Thanks again.

Sent via paper airplane.

Back