• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A sweet SS 396.....

AzPete

......just bugged me after 3 stop lights of him doing hard runs off the light and such after leaving a local cruise in last night........

After the next 4 lights, he would not look my direction........wonder what happened in 5 seconds that would calm him.

Now Pete...did you show him your dust, or did you show him your FL State Hiway Patrol Badge?

Oh, I thought maybe the dude was getting a hummer in the front seat and you were fucking up the mojo.... ?

"AzPete" said:
I just wanted to get away from his odd sounding lumpy idle and exhaust fumes.......

Nothing better than the sound of a big block with a hot cam!!!!!!!!

I had a 1970 El Camino with a 396 and 4 Spd. Awesome ride...

Don't get me wrong I love the great sound of a high revving small block, but there is just something about a built big block that just makes me want to grunt like Tim Allen.....

I have had two, a 460 and a 396. I must say the 460 was by far my favorite.

Mel

"AzPete" said:
Yep....the sound of it working hard as it fades to the rear......
[/quote

Pete you are funny....I used to beat 5.0s light to light in my 76 F250 4x4 with a built 460 and could spin both rear 35" tires and one front one if I locked it in four wheel drive.

It was an awesome truck, but got 4 mpg and was kinda like my mustang a money pit! But I do love my cars!

Mel

I have no doubt your did him in in your GT/CS...They are pretty awesome.

The truck was back in 1990...

I just love a nice sounding Big Block...

Mel

Back