• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A wild part of my past.....one of many

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
My wife reminded me this am about the time (mid 70's) I stole back a stolen bike that belonged to a friend of mine. Damn and I barely remember the incident, but back when I was heavily involved in bicycle racing, a member of our team had his racing bike stolen. He found an ad posted at another bike shop about this bike being for sale and it sounded very similar to his. He went and played looky loo, confirming it was infact his.

My wife and I jumped into our 69 VM camper and drove to the apt housing where the bike was. I told the seller that I wanted to give the bike a spin, which apparently they said sure. As soon as I got to the sidewalk, I gave my wife a thumbsup and took off. She scrambles away and picked me and the bike up a couple blocks away.

That evening, we apparently called the seller telling them we took the stolen bike back.

Ah........the good ole days.

This is all related to signs of you getting old.

Cannot remember....
Talking about the good old days....
Things you would not think of doing again....

and don't worry, it has hit others already as I am proof of. :'(

For someone who runs around in a Mankini these day's really doesn't seem all that wild to steal a bike. Oh well some of us were wilder than others :binkybaby:

Did I ever tell you how we broke into a Janis Joplin concert?............... :drunken_smilie

"cmayna" said:
Did I ever tell you how we broke into a Janis Joplin concert?............... :drunken_smilie

No haven't heard that one, you did tell me about the time you and the family snuck into a Wiggles performance at the cow palace.

For someone who runs around in a Mankini these day's really doesn't seem all that wild to steal a bike.

Ahhh...but he kept the seat.....he was ah, er attached to it. :naughty

Back