• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

about $1500 in damage to my E-coupe

tarafied1

Took my Stang to the body shop that painted it today. They said I busted up a lot more than I first noticed. And indeed I did. He roughly estimated $1500 but said it could be more once they get into it. The fender is actually tweaked and both the upper and lower FG is cracked and spider-webbed. I have Haggardy, I'm going to see about filing a claim, that's a bit more than I thought it would be. I'm depressed now.

Quick......somebody monitor the race car account.......

Darn crappy deal....were you trying to plow with it....I forgot what happened......

I was plowing, yes indeed!

I went to the drag races this past weekend. They parked us in the grass. As I was leaving, the area had filled up and I had limited, okay, no options to get out. I dropped a front wheel in a rut and although I was only crawling, the damage was done. The lower nose caught some earth and shoved the FG back. It was enough to bend the fender, puncture the brace thru the FG and apparently crack the upper FG nose too. I thought what you see in the photo was the extent of the damage, I was wrong :cry
index.php

Ouch for sure...... I remember the Ford for plowing was called 8N...... not "E" wanna be"......

yeah it sucks. Since it's messed up I am going to make some changes. I think I am going to take the small lights out of the upper nose and make it look more like the actual Shelby nose. I never really liked that part of the front end. I think I can just fix the lower nose (I hope). I already filled the notches that were in the upper and lower nose for the lights they had in the lower grille opening so I think I can just rework these rather than buy new. It's been about 3 years since it was painted so I hope I can get it color matched.

"tarafied1" said:
yeah it sucks. ...

YES, that definitely sucks. I feel for ya.

"tarafied1" said:
I never really liked that part of the front end. I think I can just fix the lower nose (I hope).

A good FG body guy can fix just about any piece of FG. I've seen wrecked Cobra replicas broken almost in half come back to life at my painter's shop. I bet a good FB guy could easily fix the valance cheaper than buying a new one.

I guess this isn't the winter project you were planning, but t'll be interesting to see how Hagerty handles it.

"garner67" said:
I guess this isn't the winter project you were planning, but t'll be interesting to see how Hagerty handles it.
no wasn't planning this for sure! My wife told me I have Grundy instead of Hagerty. I need to call them.

Make sure you post the results, I have Grundy also, but have never needed to call them.

I've seen our body guy save some doors and hatches on the buses that looked like they were totaled! FG guys are worth their weight in gold. They can save you loads of dough.

I am curious how Grundy will do. I was thinking of putting both Mustangs on a policy with them.

Mel

speaking of fiberglass guys, look up a good tub repair man. No joke, the one guy i use here to fix whirlpools and fiberglass tubs, does some amazing repair work to corvettes. Spot paint and everything and you'd never know.

hey, craig. Sorry to hear about the damage. When you do report it to the insurance company, make it very clear that you were at a race and not in a race. Many of the standard policies exclude race damage.

I don't think it's gonna be too hard to fix. If I have to I'll do it myself. I practically made the rear end caps since they fit like they were made for a FB. Anyway, I called Grundy. They said I have full coverage with NO deductible. They will have an adjuster get with me, look at the car and then she said I could use any shop I want for the repairs.
I told them I went to a car show... My policy specifically states I can't race the car. Didn't say I could couldn't go off road!
:scar

Adjuster is coming tomorrow at 4:30pm. I am up North so the wife will let him in the garage for me...

"tarafied1" said:
Adjuster is coming tomorrow at 4:30pm. I am up North so the wife will let him in the garage for me...

Bummer you can't be there to point out all the damage. Hopefully, the adjuster doesn't miss anything.

Craig, just saw this thread today. Sorry to hear it. Hope you get her fixed up as good as new.

Like you said, you might as well delete the upper lights while you're at it, if you've been thinking about it anyway. Lemonade and all that.

Back