• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

AC box reinstall in 70 Mach 1

miketyler

I rebuilt my AC box and is ready to go back in. From my notes and pics I took it looks like there are only two studs that protrude thru the firewall that hold the main assembly up. I believe they are located by the slotted holes in the firewall? Also, I have a really big flat washer that came off of one of them, I suppose to seal off that 2" long hole. Is that correct? Should be two with a thin rubber gasket? Hard to tell from the poor illustrations in the POsborn manuals. Anything else I should have in before this monster goes in?

I am referencing John Pro's recommended assembly sequence and if anyone has anything to add that would be great.

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,4753.0.html

Mike, see the pic below. It has the two large washers shown for the A/C box mounting. I think the slotted holes in the firewall allow for adjustment of the A/C box. hope this helps

231_09_09_10_6_29_07.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that, looks like the unit is held by those two fasteners and the one bolt on the cabin side that draws it up the the fresh air port on the cowl. Box is in place and sitting pretty.

Back