• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adding ac to a 65 351W swap car.

spitse

I believe I have a 351 w in my 65 mustang. It was already swapped when I bought it last fall. Definitely bigger than the 289 that was in my old 66 I sold a few years ago. Also has 351W marking on the intake manifold.

Question has any one put ac on a 65 Windsor swap? Wife is pretty set on that. Lookin for direction and suggestions. However adding ac is a happy wife happy like kind of thing.

I have a 4 speed 351 Windsor with electric power steering (no pump or cylinders to mess with). Done the front breaks to disc and back still drums but upgraded and have the dual co from valve. Looking to go electric fan and dropping the huge fan now because the shroud don’t fit.

If it makes a difference my heater core took a dump over the winter so it is totally cut off from the water cooling system. The fan needs replacement as well. Going a different direction from the old ac from the dealer system is an option.

I live in NE Oklahoma Incase there is a “place” that does this in my general area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installing a complete system from a company like Vintage Air is likely your best route as it sounds like you are looking to have someone else do the install. There are others as well that can provide complete systems. These systems handle both the cold and hot air duties so your old stuff all gets taken out including the original heater box under the dash that currently houses the bad heater core. The 351 instead of the stock 289 will not be a problem other than maybe a bracket or belt length. I'm sure it has been done many times before.

Sorry, can't help with suggesting an installer.

Back