• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Advice on what i should do to get my mustang 2 up and going !!

I have a mustang 2 with a 302 it starts but it hasnt been ran since 2002 i need avice on what should i replace on it to make it a reliable car

What have you done to it in terms of general maintenance and what kind of condition is it?
Just a short list off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.
If the oil hasn't been recently changed, do it. Check all the belts and hoses, anything dry rotted should be replaced. Check the brakes and bleed them. Check for leaks in the brake system. Flush the cooling system. Replace the tires.

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/index.php/board,27.0.html[url] try this section

Thanks guys your advice is really helpfull and i know im headed the right direction on my project !! Well i havnt done anything to the car is all stock and i have two grand in my pocket to invest in it !' my goal right now is to get it running and then worry about cosmetic work!! So once again thanks

a6cd8b9d-03fe-de8e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Safety first , so change the tires ( probably too old ) and renew the brake fluid.
Check the complete brake system and do a brake test at a test bank.
Change oil and oil filter.If the engine sat still for almost 10 years , spray a bit of WD40 through the spark plug opening , let it soak , and manually rotate the engine for a few turns.
Replace spark plugs while you at it .
Replace also the fuel and ad an additive for cleaning the carb with the fuel.
Check radiator hoses and coolant.
Is the coolant some kind of braun water , flush the system and add antifreeze to your coolant water.
anything else ??? :confu :confu

Back