• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

After market power windows - recommendations?

miketyler

Am thinking on buying a set of Electric-Life power window regulators. Anyone installed these on a 69-70 car? I put a set in my 72Cuda and they took a lot of adjusting to get up and down speeds the same. Was wondering if I was going to have the same issue with the Mustang?

fd61-ka.jpg

I went with Nu-Relics based on a lot of research and reviews of Electric-Life. I mocked everything up and was very pleased with the performance. The knock on the Electrics is lack of torque. Not the case with these at all. IMO, well worth the coin.

I have used electric life and am a dealer for them, but they just don't have enough power at the top. We are going to try nu-relics on this next build. Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:
I have used electric life and am a dealer for them, but they just don't have enough power at the top. We are going to try nu-relics on this next build. Rich.

+1 on electric life and low power at the top. I have to give them a little extra help by hand to get them to park the window all the way up on my 67 vert.

+1 on electric life kit's being crap... I have them working "ok" in my car with some mods and helper springs, but I won't buy another one of their products again.

I have a set of Nu-Relics waiting to go in. Hopefully in the next few weeks, after I get some other things squared away. Hope they are as advertised!

What switches do you plan to use? I plan to add power windows as well and prefer the factory look even though no Mach 1's shipped with power windows. Anyone got pics of the factory window switches used in 69-70 coupes or Grande's?

Mustang Steve has a pretty slick setup in his car, has them console mounted. I think he said they came from a 70's Cordoba?

I made rotary switches for mine so that they look like crank windows. I think there are 2 companies that sell ones with a splined shaft so you can use the original handles.

From what I recall the Autoloc switches interfer with the A1 Electric regulators. Their shaft is in the center of the switch block.

electric_window_crank_sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"miketyler" said:
What switches do you plan to use?

I just plan on using the chromed plastic ones that came with the wiring kit:

images%5Cproducts%5C4990-10-356%20Switch%20Kit%20THN.jpg

I really liked the idea of the hidden switches like stangg posted, but I didn't want to have to lean across to roll down the passenger side. I've seen where at least one person installed a toggle switch in the dash in their truck for driver/passenger side operation. Too bad those handle switches don't have a push-pull option to select which side you want to roll down.

Back