• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

After the day I had yesterday

KTJMcG

Decided to leave all three cars alone and just do a general clean-up on my workbench.
Popped this into the DVD player and went to work:
DSC02151.jpg

Got most of the pegboard organized:
DSC02145.jpg

And now can see the the workbench again:
DSC02150.jpg

Did get some good karma this morning. One of the neighbors about a month ago had a flat. Came down and asked if I could help him out with it. I ended up plugging it for him and being neighborly,wouldn't take anything for it. Yesterday,He saw me laying on a piece of cardboard during the attempted oil change. About an hour after I got out there this morning,He and his son showed up and dropped this off:
DSC02153.jpg

Surprised the hell out of me. They went out to Harbor Freight for a few things as his son is starting woodshop this year and decided that I needed this for my efforts fixing his tire. The thing is comfortable and it'll beat the hell out of laying on the garage floor.

No such karma for me. I spent most of Saturday under my kids truck repairing damage from a recent rear-end accident. The car that hit him shoved his dual exhaust in and cause it to break in a couple places necessitating a near complete replacement (old and rusted). A 5.9l Dodge, it was running no muffler post cat. Kinda loud but tolerable. I slipped on a cheap Thrush turbo muffler in the process. Now the kid tells me I neutered his truck. He's pissed at me.

I spend over $600 on a new exhaust, fix his truck and I'm the bad guy. And, my back is freaking killing me now. :rant

"Horseplay" said:
No such karma for me. I spent most of Saturday under my kids truck repairing damage from a recent rear-end accident. The car that hit him shoved his dual exhaust in and cause it to break in a couple places necessitating a near complete replacement (old and rusted). A 5.9l Dodge, it was running no muffler post cat. Kinda loud but tolerable. I slipped on a cheap Thrush turbo muffler in the process. Now the kid tells me I neutered his truck. He's pissed at me.

I spend over $600 on a new exhaust, fix his truck and I'm the bad guy. And, my back is freaking killing me now. :rant

Tell him he owes you $600 and if he doesn't like the sound, go pay for a new one himself! If he's old enough to drive, he's old enough to fix it himself. Stop coddling the boy.

"silverblueBP" said:
Tell him he owes you $600 and if he doesn't like the sound, go pay for a new one himself! If he's old enough to drive, he's old enough to fix it himself. Stop coddling the boy.
:stu

"silverblueBP" said:
Oh, he owes me. It gets added to the tab. At his current rate of reimbursement I might get it all back before I die. In this case, however, the other guy's insurance company will be paying this part of his bill.

Thanks for the laugh though. When I hear the term coddling I think of a mother holding her baby. My "boy" is 6'4" and 225 pounds. He starts both ways for his varsity football team. Trying to envision me "coddling" him.

"Horseplay" said:
Oh, he owes me. It gets added to the tab. At his current rate of reimbursement I might get it all back before I die. In this case, however, the other guy's insurance company will be paying this part of his bill.

Thanks for the laugh though. When I hear the term coddling I think of a mother holding her baby. My "boy" is 6'4" and 225 pounds. He starts both ways for his varsity football team. Trying to envision me "coddling" him.

Metaphors are your friend.

Back