• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air Compressor

4 hp 18 gallon Crafsmen. The side says 8.4 scfm @ 40 psi and 6.2 scfm @ 90 psi. It seems like it struggles to keep up with my 1/4" angle die grinder. Do you think it'll keep up with a paint gun and a DA sander or should I look into procuring a new one? If I need a new one, can you guys recommend any that are good for a decent price?

That's puny. You need a 60 gal minimum tank and 9 cfm at 150 psi to work a sander. Sanders and blasting cabinets are about the most stressful item on a air compressor.

"Midlife" said:
That's puny. You need a 60 gal minimum tank and 9 cfm at 150 psi to work a sander. Sanders and blasting cabinets are about the most stressful item on a air compressor.

+1 and as far as recommendations go, go as big as you can afford. I have a 33 gallon craftsman, and regret buying it every time i try to do something.

That's what I was afraid of. The one we had was one my grandfather bought a couple years ago. When he passed, my grandmother didn't have any use for it, so we took it. I guess I'll have to start looking around...

Tractor Supply runs pretty good deals from time to time.

I have a 60 gallon at the house and it runs hard to keep up with die grinders and da sanders. I would recommend an 80 gallon as well.

Back