• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air condition kits 67fb

67stang

Just curious, any thoughts on this low cost ac system made my cold masters in Florida?

011a76e0f49a67dbc6fb40819d97205b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of them. I'd be interested in the component quality and source. "Universal" to me means lots of fab work and unexpected challenges. If you are up for it that part can be dealt with. I'm always wary of really low cost stuff. Or maybe its more applicable to call it cheap. Don't know. I'd be looking all over for reviews by actual purchasers before I took that plunge.

I doubt I would do this but it’s interesting. Is it really cheap or is our stuff for vintage mustangs way over priced. Ac system are actually quite simple and I personally think 1500 is a rip off, but I still may go that way. ;(

Gotta remember that those kits made specifically for a car involve lots of custom fabrication so that they are more of a bolt on. That takes time and engineering skill which costs money. That's why I say if you have the fab skills yourself to do lots of stuff like bracket design and welding, electrical harness fabrication, etc. etc. it's a lot easier to save money. Of course you can also spend even more doing all that custom stuff too. Ask me how I know!

At that price point I am extremely skeptical of the quality and the service life of the components. Keep in mind that the absence of hoses in the picture or brackets or hardware means lots of additional trips to the hardware store, let alone the time needed for fabrication. If your time is worth $15 or less per hour, perhaps the time/value matrix might make sense. Otherwise, I suggest sucking it up and getting the kit that fits and is designed for our cars. You did ask for our opinions !

I think I will! At least for awhile. There are other things that I will have to do first, once I get it in my garage. :)

I had bought my AC system from Vintage air back in 2009ish or so. IT had been working well up until Harvey when my stang was under 6' of water for 2 weeks. Bound an determined, I took my AC system apart, replaced all electrical relays, etc., and as of yesterday, works great.
What turned me off on the new units, well, was price, but I thought I could buy parts for my old unit, but that's just it, it's old. Now units are fly by wire, no cables which could be neat! The Vintage air system, all the hoses were cut to length and crimped and fit perfectly.

Looking at the system you're asking about, as some have said, fabricating brackets could prove challenging, add crank pulley. I'd say just bite the bullet (especially if you're going to keep the Mustang for a while) and buy a new one which will look stock and very nice. But I know it'd be a lot of work, even if someone gave you a complete system! Florida like Houston, hot and humid!:(
dne'

Seems there are a few complete hidden ac system for the mustangs. Is vintage air the way to go?

Good morning 67stang~ Well, there are probably a few systems out there, all probably use a Sanden compressor. I'd take a look at Vintage air, Old Air products, see what CJpony has. I like the idea of the dryer being put up front instead of behind the passenger side hood spring.

Just using vintage air as an example. I found that the center air vent to be kind of cheesy and used my factory center vent. Hm, not sure how the control panel works, however I know it fly-by-wire. I think you can buy the original looking control panel. I don't see the crank pulley, or what belt pulleys are necessary. But this will give you a start! shop shop shop!

Good morning 67stang~ Well, there are probably a few systems out there, all probably use a Sanden compressor. I'd take a look at Vintage air, Old Air products, see what CJpony has. I like the idea of the dryer being put up front instead of behind the passenger side hood spring.

Just using vintage air as an example. I found that the center air vent to be kind of cheesy and used my factory center vent. Hm, not sure how the control panel works, however I know it fly-by-wire. I think you can buy the original looking control panel. I don't see the crank pulley, or what belt pulleys are necessary. But this will give you a start! shop shop shop!

With the pulley set up (v band). I have seen three belt set up and two belt set up. Is the two belt set up okay?

fe77ea9361c262c3b0e1da5d3ebfa2bc.jpg

That looks like a good setup! Mine setup is from about 2009-10, so it's changed a bit, or a lot. I just looked, mine has 3 grooves on the harmonic balancer, but the pic you put looks like it gets away with the 2 groove type. I would say the 2v type is fine. I like that setup you posted as it allows access to the water pump without having to remove everything.
I remember using my stock dash vents vs the ones that come in the kit.

Last edited:
I just wonder how bulky that looks. I have seen some pics and it looks a tad big. I wish it was shorter so you can push it back more under the dash.

Well, yes, it would be an eye sore! lol I'm just mentioning it as an option. I have no idea of how well the boxy thing works. I just took my 67 Mustang for an official test ride, and the AC blows cold! It's so nice. If you're going to keep your mustang for a while, go for the gusto, and I know hot/humid living here in Houston~ it's horrible! AC makes it bearable;)

I'm not the only one with AC, where is everyone??? ;)

Last edited:
Well, yes, it would be an eye sore! lol I'm just mentioning it as an option. I have no idea of how well the boxy thing works. I just took my 67 Mustang for an official test ride, and the AC blows cold! It's so nice. If you're going to keep your mustang for a while, go for the gusto, and I know hot/humid living here in Houston~ it's horrible! AC makes it bearable;)

I'm not the only one with AC, where is everyone??? ;)
So do you have the one that is hidden or the one that is exposed? If its exposed can you send me some pics?

Mine is "in" the dash, which replaces the old unit in the dash. My Mustang was a rolling chassis which had nothing in it including the AC/heater box was not even there, but my 67 was originally equipped with AC, just makes a difference when ordering a system.

This is my evaporator unit, which also houses the heater core. This was before I cleaned it up after having been under flood waters of Harvey, but it works fine after replacing all electrical stuff, and of course much cleaner.

This was a while back, still gutting the car at this time after Harvey:

Using the stock vents, and control panel which is by the left knee, makes for a nice looking system;)

Looks great. How many hours you think it takes to put an ac system in?

Back