• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

All hail the death of the VMF

gtscode

Well sadly my last two posts have been deleted from the VMF so I will just say that Dooley and his crew can kiss my ass! I would love to know how much money he made selling the VMF. I will also publicly say I think it was a chicken shit way out and an easy way to cash in. Everything he posts now is just part of his agreement with the new owners to keep people there.

I personally donated $320 over the past few years to the VMF and for nothing but a dumb ass who ran the forum in the most expensive possible way to just keep whining!

I will not miss the VMF as it exists today.

"gtscode" said:
Well sadly my last two posts have been deleted from the VMF so I will just say that Dooley and his crew can kiss my ass! I would love to know how much money he made selling the VMF. I will also publicly say I think it was a chicken shit way out and an easy way to cash in. Everything he posts now is just part of his agreement with the new owners to keep people there.

I personally donated $320 over the past few years to the VMF and for nothing but a dumb ass who ran the forum in the most expensive possible way to just keep whining!

I will not miss the VMF as it exists today.

LOL. Tell us how you really feel, Justin.

I haven't posted over there since they deleted one of my posts and changed another one.

Remember guys, we dont have a lot of rules around here, but dont bash people in a passworded board as they can not defend themselves.

There are mixed opinions about the VMF, it was and still is a great resource for the hobby. It was the first of its kind for the Mustang community and the reason a lot of us know one another today. Like everything, we will never get everyone to agree or share the same views on things.

"Fast68back" said:
Remember guys, we dont have a lot of rules around here, but dont bash people in a passworded board as they can not defend themselves.

There are mixed opinions about the VMF, it was and still is a great resource for the hobby. It was the first of its kind for the Mustang community and the reason a lot of us know one another today. Like everything, we will never get everyone to agree or share the same views on things.

Oh I posted over there how I feel and it was deleted, twice!

Cmon Justin, We all know you lost the coin toss at home as to who was going to be changing diapers this week. And now you take it out on that other site? :rofl

"Fast68back" said:

Rick, though I understand what you are saying, What are the odds that the password has not be distributed world wide?

The point is to not hide behind a password, whether its printed on the bathroom wall of every truck stop from SF to NY like your phone number (thats a gab a t you BTW) or passed around from one site to another. If your going to talk shit about someone, man up and do it in an open forum. It sounds like Justin tried that avenue and it was deleted, we have no control over that.

There are enough people that are members of both forums that most anything said is going to get back to the other eventually, however a member of the VMF should not have to sign up for Stangfix and request a password to read what people are saying about them or the forum. Say it in an open forum, using the established guidelines (no cuss words). This way they can view the comments as a guest or sign up if they wish to respond. If they respond and it gets into a pissing contest we will suggest it be taken private and remove or lock the post as needed.

Like I said, there are very few rules, we hope everyone understands and follows them.

"Fast68back" said:
...whether its printed on the bathroom wall of every truck stop from SF to NY like your phone number (thats a gab at you BTW) ...

Burn! I like it :dumas

Sorry all wasn't trying to upset anyone nor was I hiding behind a password I was just venting my frustration to a group who would understand. I am all better now.

"gtscode" said:
Sorry all wasn't trying to upset anyone nor was I hiding behind a password I was just venting my frustration to a group who would understand. I am all better now.

No one here is upset and apologies are not necessary. Your frustration is understood and we're glad you feel better now :naug

Yes, I also wonder how much VMF was "sold" for. I guess it's all water under the bridge, but I think the bridge got burnt down in the process! :bash

Yeah I guess I have no issues with the VMF or the new owners of the VMF, its how the deal went down! Very poor and kind of funny how I even care but it wasn't done in the spirit that I thought the VMF represented.

First I don't want to stir up more hard feelings. There are too many now, which I really wish were not there. Yes, Justin, I deleted your comment on the NorCal forum because it didn't serve any purpose other than for you to vent to us on that forum (which I'm not sure why it was there) Since you're so mad at Bob, why didn't you contact him? And yes, I know that others have tried getting hold of him to no avail. Right after your post I tried contacting you and asking some of the NorCal people as well as sending you a PM. I know that I sent one through VMF and can't remember if I sent one here. Be that as it may I think I understand why you're mad at Bob but I don't get why you're made at the people on VMF? Do I like all the changes there? No. Do I like the people there? Yes. Like I've said in other posts here, why can't we just be on the site (s) we like and focus on our Mustangs??
I hope that our friendship will continue. We've had some good times and I really hope that continues.
Stan
PS Frankly I would probably not like this thread to go on and on but I needed to say this to help ME work through this.

no_man_drama_mug-p1682988909326935642obzu_210.jpg

"aslan" said:
Like I've said in other posts here, why can't we just be on the site (s) we like and focus on our Mustangs??

A much better question would be why can't the site(s) we like recognize that there are OTHER sites we like, and not try to a) ignore that there are other sites and b) change posts of anyone's that doesn't pretend other sites don't exist?

John, I wish I could answer that question. I would love that to happen but there are some, both here and on VMF that are too hard headed. If I were in charge (what am I saying! LOL) I would open it up. As things are, I can't do that. I've tried to get things patched up as well as I can but I can only do what I can do. Like I've said on a number of occasions, let's focus on our Mustangs rather than on differences.
Stan

Well, I can tell you this much. No poster or post will ever be chastised/deleted here for mentioning another forum.

Back