• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alternator ID

CUAviator

"I wanna go fast..."
Can anyone ID this brand/make of alternator? It came off my 306 crate motor, but the mounting bolt pattern does not match any Ford pattern that I can find.671B3B11-3D82-4F1D-B50B-482CDEF83D65.jpeg8EC95EF0-5FE9-4AE8-9AC8-811C2ED7FB41.jpeg70E548C6-EA19-46FE-A999-15A655CE3DFC.jpeg652C32F1-66F1-4F1B-AE5F-07CBFA0B7405.jpeg

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Mine is a 72 Impala. I got it from AutoZone when the one the PO put on. I had to take it in because the first Ford one didn't work.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

c6fastback

Looks to be a custom made alternator as the GM battery post should be out the back of the alternator case and NOT the side. I can probably get you an application when I’m at work tomorrow.

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Looks to be a custom made alternator as the GM battery post should be out the back of the alternator case and NOT the side. I can probably get you an application when I’m at work tomorrow.
I would be curious to know.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CUAviator

"I wanna go fast..."
I’m asking because i just got a new 3g and was surprised when the holes didn’t line up.
Now the question - what do I need to do to mount my new 3g?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUAviator

"I wanna go fast..."
Yep, that looks about the same.
Trying to figure out mounting options now for the 3g with the mounting points that look like those ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk