• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Am I a Dick?

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
I drove the '07 to the local grocery store for some hot sauce and a tomato. I am making tacos for dinner tonight. One of the first mods that I made to my '07 was a set of Ford Racing mufflers (Borla). They are legal in 49 states, can you guess which one they are not legal in? :vic But I digress, so they rumble and pop a little and overall I love the sound. So I start her up to head home and I hear the chirp of an alarm system. Rev the engine and I hear the alarm chip again, so as I slowly pull forward, no one was in front of me so I did not have to back out, race the engine again a little more and this time I set the alarm off. :vic So am I dick or is their alarm too sensitive? Or should I have put this in WWSD and called myself a tool. :craz fd

My '66 will do the same......I just laugh......they don't know the alarm is going off anyway......

My Fox will set off alarms too, always makes me chuckle...

My old TR6 would set them off occasionally as well and that was all stock

To answer the first question; yes.

I have been known for purposely setting off car alarms. A parking garage is great for getting multiple "hits" :ecit

I also believe you're a dick, but not because of that. :craz

I fault the owner of the vehicle with the alarm 'chirp', because it is too sensitive. The message is sends is, "Only thieves drive cool sounding cars". A muffler does not resemble the sound of breaking glass or burglar tools. So, don't change a thing.

BTW, no one ever checks things when an car alarm goes off anymore.

You must learn to resist temptation. And if not, what to hell. I love to set those damn things off. As Oreilly says, your a "Patriot".

Back