• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Am I in trouble????

Rob Z

Just wondering. I've posted/relpied to a couple of threads and find later that my reply is nowhere to be found. The most recient was the 70 Grande thread.

Just wondering :sur

Rob,
We have a log here that tells us anytime a moderator takes "action." Action being defined as deleting a member, banning a member, editing another member's post, deleting another member's post.

The only people that have the power to delete your posts are obviously you, and anyone on the moderation staff.

I just went flipping back through the log, and the only "actions" that have been taken against you recently are when one of your posts to the Vendor's Forum was edited, which is a common occurance and doesn't go on your permanent record[nb]Of course, I should point out, NOBODY here has a permanent record. Except FordDude ;)[/nb].

IOW, no you're not in any sort of trouble. I'll try to keep an eye on it, but next time you see this happen, please alert me. The problem is it's really tough to find a post once it's gone AWOL. So I'd kinda need to see it there, then see it disappear to figure out what's going on.

Sorry I can't give you a more concrete answer.

O yeah I can see this coming back to me somehow and me being blamed and banned. :vic :lol :lol :lol

"KBMWRS" said:
O yeah I can see this coming back to me somehow and me being blamed and banned. :vic :lol :lol :lol

You shouldn't give us any ideas.....just say'n :ecit

I have found that if, while typing a response, someone else posts a response too, there is a warning when you hit the post button saying another post has been made. If.....and I say IF you miss that and go on to the next subject. your post will not happen. At times, my page drops low enough that I may miss the red note. Then I move on reading other posts and wonder where mine went.

Now, if I have not left the forum, I have been able to hit the back button and retrieve my post.....just waiting for mew to hit the post button a second time to send it for posting.

Hope this helps.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Rob,
We have a log here that tells us anytime a moderator takes "action." Action being defined as deleting a member, banning a member, editing another member's post, deleting another member's post.

The only people that have the power to delete your posts are obviously you, and anyone on the moderation staff.

I just went flipping back through the log, and the only "actions" that have been taken against you recently are when one of your posts to the Vendor's Forum was edited, which is a common occurance and doesn't go on your permanent record[nb]Of course, I should point out, NOBODY here has a permanent record. Except FordDude ;)[/nb].

IOW, no you're not in any sort of trouble. I'll try to keep an eye on it, but next time you see this happen, please alert me. The problem is it's really tough to find a post once it's gone AWOL. So I'd kinda need to see it there, then see it disappear to figure out what's going on.

Sorry I can't give you a more concrete answer.

Using my own computer skills..... stop laughing please....... I conducted my own research into this phenomenon and everything I found points to it being Mike's fault and I think we should ban him.

"silverblueBP" said:
Hmmmmm, this gives me an idea.

You'll have to consult with certain AUTHORITATIVE figures..... :craz :vic

I can see it coming now.....All I said was 'corn' :lol :lol :lol :lol

"KBMWRS" said:
You'll have to consult with certain AUTHORITATIVE figures..... :craz :vic

I can see it coming now.....All I said was 'corn' :lol :lol :lol :lol

LoL! I think the last one that did it was "San Francisco" :lol :scar

strange thing is my reply was deleted in that same thread....not gonna start that [nb]chicken excrement[/nb] around here are we?

It's basically a policy here to NOT delete posts. We will modify them as according -- as I did to Pat's above containing profanity in a non-password board.

Pete mentioned (either here, or elsewhere) about the "new reply" notification when you are posting a new reply of your own. I have also had that mess me up too where I have hit reply & thought it posted only to find that I had acknowledged the other new post reply notification and my post never actually posted.

Pay attention and use the back button if need be.

Dang it Sanborn - I just mod'd Pat's post and then your re-mod'd it, making my previous reply incorrect.

And note that when I hit reply - it didn't go through because I got the notification of DAVE POSTING TOO.

So see how that works?

Not sure where else it would have gone? It was in response to kat buying that ginormous mustang and I was really straightforward in my reply but nothing that would be deemed "bad"....just odd that two of us in one thread would have posts dissapear?

I didn't do it.

Have Steve pull the log file to get to the bottom of this.
scooby-doo-tv-01.jpg

Back