• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

And so it begins

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
Bet this is not the first and only game "rescheduled".

Steelers-Titans game postponed

Fantasy players are scrambling now. :oops:

fd

Terry. Is this funnier than the traveling businessman joke? Because I am not laughing at this.

Sorry it came to this but very pleased with how the NFL is handling the situation. Fingers still crossed that no one on the Vikes tests positive. Would show that the NFL protocol for COVID is good.
Would seem some non-player in the Titan office/staff is the most likely to have brought the bug to the facility. Or maybe one dumb player not following guidelines (think stupid horn dog).
Either way should not derail the whole show which is great seeing a show the BEARS are destined to hoist the trophy this season!

The NFL will handle it, I'm quite confident. Reading all I could about what is known so far it certainly seems the Titans outbreak initiated not from a player contact but rather someone in the front office being the initial source. Makes sense as they had pieces in place to really try and isolate players as much as possible.
The two new positives with the Pats/Chiefs is still too fresh to trace. Interesting that Cam would be one as you know extra attention would have been given to him. He's supposed to be a great advocate for the game in terms of community activity so you have to wonder if he didn't allow some kind of close contact with say a kid for a photo op or such placing himself at risk.
I read last night that the NFL is thinking/wanting to put players into hotels full time for the balance of the season and is asking the players association if they would support such a move. Makes sense to me to "shrink the bubble" given the recent events.
Worst case in all this is that the mighty BEARS game got moved to the late afternoon national game to replace the Chiefs/Pats snooze fest that got cancelled. Now everyone in America will see firsthand what a real team looks like. So much for being the sleeper. :p

Just my opinion but I think the NFL players and coaches are not taking Rona seriously. Or to clarify some are not. And with a bad cop who takes the life of a person of color, it makes them all look bad. Just look at some of the coaches who were not wearing facial coverings on the sideline on national tv. Lead by example. They got fined heavily as did the team. I read draft picks could be next.
Put them up in hotels? Oh the whine fest. These millionaire babies cannot be away from their families. How on earth do the common military handle separation from their families? All I had was a phone and a voice at the other end. Now we have video phone calls and such.
But the point is that 100% of the players, coaches (and staff) must self isolate from everyone else for 4 months. What if the NFL were to determine a player contacted the Rona through stupidity, not following the protocols in place. IR for the rest of the season.
I hope it all works out, but I see more bumps in the road moving forward.

fd

By the same token, do you think every person who contracted the virus did so stupidly? In the case of the Titans outbreak it could as simple as the child of a secretary in the front office got it from their neighbor friend and passed it onto the employee who in turn.... see how easy it can happen and not be the fault of someone's ignorance? You can both be wearing masks but the infected person instinctively scratches their nose, touches the mask which has living virus on it and then uses the same hand on a handrail. The next person uses the handrail, goes into their private office, takes off their mask and then touches their face. That simple, that fast. Look how fast it has been ripping through the White House and Republican staff. It's not like they just now stopped (or even started) using masks etc. Once that bug gets into a group it just takes off.
Not saying I don't agree everyone is taking it all as serious and following every rule, every time just think it can happen no matter what you do as well.

By the same token, do you think every person who contracted the virus did so stupidly? In the case of the Titans outbreak it could as simple as the child of a secretary in the front office got it from their neighbor friend and passed it onto the employee who in turn.... see how easy it can happen and not be the fault of someone's ignorance? You can both be wearing masks but the infected person instinctively scratches their nose, touches the mask which has living virus on it and then uses the same hand on a handrail. The next person uses the handrail, goes into their private office, takes off their mask and then touches their face. That simple, that fast. Look how fast it has been ripping through the White House and Republican staff. It's not like they just now stopped (or even started) using masks etc. Once that bug gets into a group it just takes off.
Not saying I don't agree everyone is taking it all as serious and following every rule, every time just think it can happen no matter what you do as well.
This is 100% correct. It just doesn't fit the narrative that somebody must be to blame for everything bad that happens.

Another day brings another positive COVID-19 test in Tennessee. The latest result casts serious doubt Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills can be played.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that another Titans player tested positive during Wednesday's round of testing, per a source informed of the situation.
Pelissero added that the inconclusive test from the previous day also came back positive, per a source.
Tennessee's facility remains closed.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the number is now 21 members of Titans organization -- 12 players, nine personnel -- to test positive for the novel coronavirus.
With the positive tests trickling in one or two by day, Tennessee hasn't been in their facility since the Week 3 game against the Minnesota Vikings. The NFL postponed the Titans-Steelers game scheduled for last Sunday until Week 7.
With the Titans' bye burned last week and the Bills set to play next Thursday night, the league is in a tough spot trying to figure out how to play the game, given the positive test results continue.

Take this with my bias in place. I have nothing against the titans, even if they have a boobie in their name. If the NFL makes them forfeit then it should go back to the Steelers titans game as well and return the schedule as it was. Those saying it was just dumb luck that it happened, maybe. But the fact that it spread so widely shows that they were not following protocols.

Patrick Mahomes told reporters Wednesday that his embrace with Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore following Monday's game was "a little bit of a mental lapse" on his part and he was just trying to show sportsmanship after the win.
Read somewhere that Patrick, do not call me Pat, is sleeping in a different room from his prego girlfriend.

Like or dislike Bill, you know that he is making his players follow protocol with Cam testing positive, and only Gilmore with a positive.

fd

Not only are there reports that the Titans didn't follow protocol, there are eyewitnesses and PICTURES showing them holding unauthorized practices AFTER their facility had been shutdown. They flat out ignored common sense on multiple events and actions. Bewildering to say the least.

The NFL has NEVER forced a forfeit of a game in its history. That is going to change, It has too now. I agree the Steelers will be getting a bit of a shaft if their game with TN remains rescheduled as is but I don't see the league reversing course on a past ruling. Besides all the AFC teams get a bit of a bonus with any TN forfeitures in terms of potential playoff standings so that does give your Steelers a little help.

Personally, I see at least two games forfeit (this week and next) along with a HUGE fine and maybe, just maybe, the loss of draft pick(s). The message that needs to be sent to the league has to be a big one.

OK my head is swimming now:

NFL announces multiple schedule changes, moves Broncos-Patriots to Week 6
Published: Oct 11, 2020 at 02:56 PM
Headshot_Author_JEREMY-BERGMAN_1400x1000

Jeremy Bergman
Around The NFL Writer

The NFL is reshuffling its schedule following Sunday's announcement that the Denver Broncos-New England Patriots game, already rescheduled for Monday night, was being postponed after another Patriots player tested positive for COVID-19.
The league announced Sunday afternoon a number of scheduling changes stemming from this week's postponement. Among them is that the Broncos-Patriots game will be moved to Week 6 on Sunday, Oct. 18 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.
Seven other games were affected by the postponement:
The Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills Week 6 game moves from Thursday, Oct.15 to Monday, Oct. 19 at 5:00 p.m. ET on FOX/NFL Network/Amazon.
The New York Jets at Miami Dolphins game moves from Week 10 to Week 6 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
The Jets at Los Angeles Chargers game moves from Week 6 to Week 11 on Sunday, Nov. 22 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
The Jacksonville Jaguars at Chargers game moves from Week 8 to Week 7 on Sunday, Oct. 25 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS.
The Chargers at Denver Broncos game moves from Week 11 to Week 8 on Sunday, Nov. 1 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

The Chargers at Dolphins game moves from Week 7 to Week 10 on Sunday, Nov. 15 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
The Dolphins at Broncos game moves from Week 6 to Week 11 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.
As a result, six teams will now have different bye weeks.
Denver's bye week moves from Week 8 to Week 5; New England's bye week moves from Week 6 to Week 5; Los Angeles' bye week moves from Week 10 to Week 6; Miami's bye week moves from Week 11 to Week 7; Jacksonville's bye week moves from Week 7 to Week 8; and New York's bye week moves from Week 11 to Week 10.
Ten games have now been rescheduled to later weeks this season. Week 4's Pittsburgh Steelers-Tennessee Titans matchup was moved to Week 7 after multiple Titans players and personnel tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, Pittsburgh's game against the Baltimore Ravens was moved from Week 7 to Week 8.

fd

All that rescheduling is making my head spin faster than a Rodger's throw...

Even though my cable provider dropped the NFL network I still have Amazon Prime to view Thursday night games. All ready for a game tonight, but the schedule has changed. :mad: So how is the fantasy football world doing in this last minute he tested positive so we have to change the game start time. Was hard enough for some with the bye week.

fd

Fantasy has suffered more by all the injuries to superstars early this season. As the league has transitioned into an "all air" show there are a lot more viable players to roster. Flex positions are manned by WRs more than RBs these days.

Raiders, Jon Gruden fined, lose draft pick for COVID-19 violations

Published: Nov 05, 2020 at 09:24 PM
The NFL is fining the Las Vegas Raiders $500,000 and coach Jon Gruden $150,000 in addition to stripping the franchise of a sixth-round draft pick for COVID-19 protocol violations related to Trent Brown's positive coronavirus test in late October, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday night.

The escalated fines and loss of a draft pick were due to the Raiders being a repeat offender in terms of failing to meet COVID-19 protocols.

fd

Back