• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another GRABBER mustang found...

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
... In MY garage this time!!

Copy of my Marti Report...
277983.jpg

Cropped detail:
277982.jpg

Sweet... I'm super pumped! :pep

Last edited by a moderator:
"70_Fastback" said:
... In MY garage this time!!

Copy of my Marti Report...
277983.jpg

Cropped detail:
277982.jpg

Sweet... I'm super pumped! :pep
What's a grabber package?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sluggo" said:
What's a grabber package?

In February of 1970, Ford introduced a special model called the Mustang Grabber, along with the new Maverick Grabbers , to promote the lineup of "Grabber" colors Ford had that year. According to the factory press release in February of 1970, the Mustang Grabber was available with Grabber Green, Grabber Blue, Grabber Orange, Vermillion (also known as Calypso Coral), and Bright Yellow. All Mustang Grabbers were Mustang Sportsroofs, or fastbacks, with an option on the invoice called "Grabber Special Value Package." The Grabbers had a distinct body stripe very similar to the 1969 Boss 302 "C" stripe but without any engine designation. Other standard features included either 302 or 351 2V engines, dual color-keyed sport mirrors, black rear taillight panels with chrome bezels, and 14 inch center caps and trim rings that were similar to the standard 15 inch caps and rings on the 1970 Boss 302. Most cars had either black or white interiors, however other interior colors were available.

Many Grabbers have been lost to history due to repaints when the stripe kits were not available as they are now to restore the car to it's original appearance. There may be many Grabbers out there that simply look like a plain Mustang fastback. Only the factory invoice can verify a Mustang Grabber. Well known Mustang expert, Kevin Marti, has documented in his book, "Mustang by the Numbers", that there were 5120 Mustang Grabbers sold in 1970. Marti Auto Works can provide a Factory Invoice for 1970 Mustangs. Considering the years that have passed and the many ends that these and other Mustangs have unfortunately experienced, there is no way of knowing how many of these great looking examples of the Mustang's Golden age are still around.

No, I don't think so. I think it would contrast to much from the painted/cleared on LeMans stripes. Maybe later in it's life it can get the stripes again... who knows.

"70_Fastback" said:
In February of 1970, Ford introduced a special model called the Mustang Grabber, along with the new Maverick Grabbers , to promote the lineup of "Grabber" colors Ford had that year. According to the factory press release in February of 1970, the Mustang Grabber was available with Grabber Green, Grabber Blue, Grabber Orange, Vermillion (also known as Calypso Coral), and Bright Yellow. All Mustang Grabbers were Mustang Sportsroofs, or fastbacks, with an option on the invoice called "Grabber Special Value Package." The Grabbers had a distinct body stripe very similar to the 1969 Boss 302 "C" stripe but without any engine designation. Other standard features included either 302 or 351 2V engines, dual color-keyed sport mirrors, black rear taillight panels with chrome bezels, and 14 inch center caps and trim rings that were similar to the standard 15 inch caps and rings on the 1970 Boss 302. Most cars had either black or white interiors, however other interior colors were available.

Many Grabbers have been lost to history due to repaints when the stripe kits were not available as they are now to restore the car to it's original appearance. There may be many Grabbers out there that simply look like a plain Mustang fastback. Only the factory invoice can verify a Mustang Grabber. Well known Mustang expert, Kevin Marti, has documented in his book, "Mustang by the Numbers", that there were 5120 Mustang Grabbers sold in 1970. Marti Auto Works can provide a Factory Invoice for 1970 Mustangs. Considering the years that have passed and the many ends that these and other Mustangs have unfortunately experienced, there is no way of knowing how many of these great looking examples of the Mustang's Golden age are still around.

So yours was the bright yellow version?

Back