• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

At Corvette National Museum

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
OKay its a bad word on a Mustang forum but hey I'm a car guy and own a Corvette.

I joined up with a Corvette Caravan which happens every 5 years. Now here in Bowling Green and there are Vettes everywhere. C8 is something but I'm not sold on the style/look. Its quite amazing seeing the same model of auto everywhere you look.

Will be continuing our drive through whiskey country and on to Civil War battle fields.

Pics Mike pics!!!
Is it at the corvette museum? In that case, watch out for sinkholes.
Corvettes have the tendency to dissappear .

Somewhere I read that the 2020 'vettes have already been spoken for (i.e. pre-bought).

If they only still had that option....I'd get it.

In Bardstown now...whiskey now is the theme.

Some pics from the Caravan....100 cars at Fallon Naval Airstation in Nevada.
600 cars in Kansas City, MO......Cape Girardaeu, MO had a festival downtown and used 600 Vettes as a part of the show.

Bowling Green was awash in Vettes...everywhere.

If they only still had that option....I'd get it.

In Bardstown now...whiskey now is the theme.
Hmmm...I wonder if Mikey is in the pokey for drunk driving as we haven't heard from him in a while...

Well we did visit three distilleries in one day...and they do serve samples. ;)

But I was good. Just visited Harper's Ferry and Antietem today. The worst battle in US history...so many dead. Its sobering. No pun intended.
Tomorrow its on to Gettysburg.

Gettysburg is a humbling place.

BTW, it’s pronounced Gett-us-burg, not Gett-ees-burg.

Mark

Been to Gettysburg a couple of times. It is a self guided driving in your car tour. It has been a few years since I was there, before my digital camera era. I know that I have pictures somewhere, it is just that they are in a box on photo paper somewhere. Also the reason that I so much enjoy to vacation without the wife. Vacation: to relax and enjoy life. Vacation with the wife is to not relax, I love her and we have been married 31 years, but I prefer not to vacation with her. Visiting my aunt in Pennsylvania was our last vacation together lasting more than a weekend.
If you want to see another sight in the area and take a nice scenic drive then head west on highway 30. About a 100 miles to Buckstown, just past is the entrance to the flight 93 memorial. Open sunrise to sunset and it is free. Weather forecast looks nice for that area, high 60's low 70's in the daylight and over night into the 50's.

Enjoy,
fd

Went on to See Hershey....what a let down. I thought they had tours of the factory. Not so...just a ride showing wood scenes of what they do. Then a store.

Stopped by the Little League HQ in Williamsport, NY.

Then we dropped in at Watkins Glen raceway. Seems they had a few races going on. I asked what was going on and said we were on a drive from CA and they gave us tickets for the day. Spent a few hours watching the races.....Hilliard US Vintage Gran Prix.

Now cruising upper NY

For years there was a Hershey plant here in Oakdale, CA. You could take a walking tour through the entire plant seeing how everything was made. After 9/11 they closed the tour and you could only visit the gift shop!

For years there was a Hershey plant here in Oakdale, CA. You could take a walking tour through the entire plant seeing how everything was made. After 9/11 they closed the tour and you could only visit the gift shop!
I remember that. I interviewed for a promotion at the prison near there and the smell of chocolate was overwhelming.

I liked the area, was sad that promotion didn't happen.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back