• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Aussie67's Coupe

Aussie67

After a 2 year rebuild. I finally got to take the car out today for its first real run since the engine and gearbox rebuild.

Details of the car - 1967 C code coupe (nothing special)

Now fitted with 302W/ C4/ 8" diff.
RHD conversion, which was completed in Australia using an RRS rack and pinion kit;
4 piston wildwood disc brake front end/ drums on the rear;
No power steering but does have air con;
Wheels are 17" 245 rear/ 235 front;
Lowered springs and gas shocks.

Body wise the car was in good overall condition, however 2 years ago I started a rebuild as a consequence of being rear ended. Happened 2 months after I got it.

I have replaced all glass and all chrome, new paint, rebuilt engine and gearbox, new 22 gallon gas tank and fuel lines, installed a classic instruments dash via a modified RHD bezel, new wiring harnesses. Replaced carpets, fitted a TMI console, replaced all rubbers and fitted an alloy "shaker", installed third brake light and amber indicators. The amber indicators are a stealth addition so you can’t see them unless they are lit up.

This is what it looked like when I first got it.

First.jpg

Getting ready for new paint. Had to repaint the car twice as the base coat reacted with a rattle can primer. The painting was done by me at a mate’s workshop. All other work was done by me in my home garage.

Getting Ready.jpg

Primer.jpg

Taking it out for its first real run.

Maiden Run.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Still have a short list of things to finalise/ finish, but at least I can drive it again.

Love it. Even more that you did it all yourself. That gauge panel is great. Vintage looking gauges for the win!

Love it. Even more that you did it all yourself. That gauge panel is great. Vintage looking gauges for the win!

Thanks mate, in hindsight I wish I had remembered to take more photos along the way. Its still got a looooong way to go, to get anywhere as good as yours.

This is my first mustang, but I've done a number of cars of the years. Old pic, but the mustang shares the garage with one of our Aussie muscle cars which I built around 9 years ago. It's from the GM/ Holden stable and runs a LS3. 450hp at the wheels so I'm enjoying having a cruiser again.

Monaro.jpg

Did you do the right hand conversion, or did you buy it that way?

I bought it from a deceased estate. The body work was done, I did the rest. I'm still hurting from having to pay $500 for a plastic RHD instrument bezel. Local law means that all conversions/ major mods need to be engineer approved, so it pays to get one onboard before you go to far.

Sunk $20K (plus the buy price) into this so far. A lot of the parts came direct from the US but the freight costs are slightly more than the price of the part. There is some compatibility with some of the local 1967-69 ford cars, but not a lot.

Thanks mate, in hindsight I wish I had remembered to take more photos along the way. Its still got a looooong way to go, to get anywhere as good as yours.

This is my first mustang, but I've done a number of cars of the years. Old pic, but the mustang shares the garage with one of our Aussie muscle cars which I built around 9 years ago. It's from the GM/ Holden stable and runs a LS3. 450hp at the wheels so I'm enjoying having a cruiser again.

View attachment 32433
Gee, these Aussies are a strange mob.
Heres Frankenstang with the Princess's SS Bogandore (MY12 GM SS Commodore, same as your Pontiac G8)
bogandore (2018_05_12 20_28_23 UTC).jpg

Scedd, as you know we have to be careful who you tell that you own one of each. In either camp (Holden/ Ford) its blasphemy or a hanging offence...…..

Scedd, as you know we have to be careful who you tell that you own one of each. In either camp (Holden/ Ford) its blasphemy or a hanging offence...…..
Yes, they get a bit narky when i mention i love them all and am quite keen on a threesome. Id give my left knacker for a 340 4 speed E55 Charger.

Back