• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

AutoMeter

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
During a trial fitment of the bezel into the dash, I overstressed the fitment and broke the tach's glass. Sent a note to AutoMeter about what I did and most importantly a link to the "how to build a better Bezel" which uses their gauges. They sent me a new piece of glass at no charge which I reinstalled this weekend and did a fitment test into the dash with success.

Thank you AutoMeter

I used to live in DeKalb Il. it's right close to where Autometer is. They were real big in supporting the local community. I've alway tried to support them since they are made in USA still.

That's a company!!!!.They look a bit further as their noses.
Wish every company would do so because short term profits doesn't last very long and i personnelly hope that other companies would aknowledge this .Short term profits destroys more then it creates.( I know , bad english)

I had a similar experience. When I was cutting my bezels off for the retrofit, I nicked the glass lens for the tach and it promptly broke. I contacted AM who said, "We don't normally do this, but..." and they sent me a plastic lens free.

I called them back and said my original was glass and I needed a glass replacement. They kindly sent me a glass one.

(insert thumbs up smilie here)

Years ago I installed a tach on my pickup. The directions said to hook one wire to the ignition coil. Coil? I have 4 of them. I had my wife call during the day and they walked her through how to hook it up to the igniter. I did it when I got home.

Another time a light bulb burned out. They mailed us a new one.

"cmayna" said:
Sent a note to AutoMeter about what I did and most importantly a link to the "how to build a better Bezel" which uses their gauges.

What is that link in case I don't already have it?

Thanks. Had that link already but didn't tie the name together.

For that set-up, what is the source of the flat ABS piece with the holes already cut out? Is that sourced by anybody or did you guys have some really good measurements on where to cut the holes?

close friend of the family works in sycamore IL factory. i get 60% discount on all my guage needs :nta
but they are a great company that stands behind their product A+

"bikefreak600" said:
close friend of the family works in sycamore IL factory. i get 60% discount on all my guage needs :nta
but they are a great company that stands behind their product A+

So...what you're saying is that if any of us needs any Autometer Gauges, you'll cut us a smokin' deal?!? :$$$

"Fast68back" said:

just be sure & skip the step in "fitment" where it says to beat em' in with a hammer... others have had trouble with the glass breaking during that step.. :wm?

that is cool that they take care of the customers. it doesn't cost them anything compared to what they get in repeat business. too bad more companies don't do business that way any more.

Back