• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Back Under Trouble Again

Laurie S.

Staff member
After trying to work on raising the engine yesterday, and smacking the heck out of my right hand when I lost my grip on the ratchet and slammed it into the engine, I decided to do something less taxing today. It was hard to paint and polish the paint in a number of areas underneath due either to seams, subframes, or other things in the way. As a result, there were a number of small areas that had a whitish appearance. I was really unhappy about them, consisdering the overall good appearance of the underside.

Since I couldn't fit the detail gun in there, I went the airbrush route today. After sanding the areas so they would take new paint, I airbrushed over them. It looks SO much better now! I got half the underside done today and it was relatively easy to do (other than the paint that kept dripping out of the airbrush onto my face and hair). Working on that Smurf look again... ~sad

Back